Canadian Canoe Routes

HHWT Group Site Reservation Change
Page 1 of 1

Author:  open_side_up [ May 16th, 2018, 6:23 am ]
Post subject:  HHWT Group Site Reservation Change

Spent 4 nights on Nunikani last week/wknd in the Haliburton Highlands Water Trails after our APP plans fell through due to the late out. As it was, the ice on Big Hawk came out on May 8th and we went in on May 9th.

AAAAnywayyyy. In the past, if the "group" campsites were not booked by a Boy Scout or some other such organization a week or two prior to a certain date, they could be booked by individuals by calling the park office directly. When I attempted to do this, I was told by the HHWT staff at the Frost Centre office that this was no longer the case and individuals could no longer book those sites. Period.

This is really unfortunate because now many of the primo sites will sit empty most of the season.

Author:  Watersong [ May 16th, 2018, 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: HHWT Group Site Reservation Change

I was also told this last fact the person on the reservation line did not seem to know what I was talking about when I asked to book an unused group site (3 days before my travel date)

Author: [ May 16th, 2018, 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: HHWT Group Site Reservation Change

Reasonable enough idea. Only way to do it is to find who the real municipal decision maker is for the water trails, phone them and make the pitch. I bet you dollars to donuts they aren't sitting in the shed off highway #35.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group