It is currently December 18th, 2018, 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 11:44 am 

May Long Weekend 2017

My son and I travelled the Qu'Appelle River starting on the east side of Buffalo Pound Dam. The Route was approximately 38 Km in length, measured along the river using the Google Earth ruler function. I did some research before our trip on the internet, but found very little information of anyone's account of travelling this route. So, we decided to document our experience over this stretch of the river(more of a creek after these past couple years of very little snow). The water levels were quite low, but we were able to make it through. Our exit point was at a bridge near Disley Saskatchewan. We started our journey on Friday May 19/2017 at 5:00pm. We reached our destination on Monday May 22/2017 at 3:30pm. We travelled a short distance(5.5 km) on Friday and set up our first camp. We packed up Saturday morning and travelled roughly 22.5 km downstream to our second camp. That was a long, but enjoyable day. We stayed at our second camp all day on Sunday. We left the second camp Monday morning and travelled the remaining 10 km to our exit point.

I did a write up in story form which can be viewed at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nSzBoPZ3qJ0gZYZesqHHJ7WB1OGpNVzTQeIwjfLikcQ/pub

I hope you enjoy,
KG Adventures

PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 2:45 pm 

Great adventure for you and your son. Well done to both of you.
Thanks for posting.