It is currently February 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tobeatic Route Question?
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2012, 9:23 pm 

Just wondering if anyone made the trip from Sporting Lake to Buckshot Lake in 2011 and what condition the carries were in? Heard mixed reports that they are being reclaimed by the wilderness and some of the markers and ribbons have been removed.
Planning on doing that route this year, maybe next , so any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 7:47 am 

a group of us are planning on doing this trip from 4th lake to lake rossignol starting on april6. if your trip is after this date you could pm me and i could provide some up to date info when we get back.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 8:07 pm 

that would be great Kyle...thanks. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 6:14 pm 

got back from this trip on sat. night. put in on 4th lake took out on lake rosignol 8 days later. most trails are marked at the head with a white square (found this dificult in to find one day with blowing snow) , once located some of the trails were a bit hard to stay on. they are overgrown with dense shrubs from knee height to head height and were easiest to follow by looking for the rutted trail bellow. once these shrubs leaf out a bit more it will be a bit more difficult to follow. there was few blowdowns on all most of the trails, we cleaned up a few spots but there are still lots of downed trees. if youre used to kedgi trails this will be an awakening, if you don't mind a bit or bushwacking its not that bad. if you want some info on specific lakes, trails or campsites let me know and ill do my best.

oh there is a geocache site on the route somewhere. i wont ruin the surprise, we found it by accident.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 2:34 pm 

Glad you got back safe and sound. I thought about you guys when that snowstorm hit and hoped you were bunkered down somewhere in a good shelter. There are some specific lakes and portages I want to ask about. I'll pm you when I have more time. Thanks