It is currently February 23rd, 2019, 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2013, 3:09 pm 

Just wondering if anyone has been down the road to the put in on Sporting Lake Stream lately? I've heard from a friend of a friend of a cousin that it's in hard shape and not passable. Looking for some first hand info.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2013, 1:25 pm 

Well I took a drive in to see and they have been doing some logging and fixed the road up quite nice. One spot where they have been stacking logs could pose a problem maybe for a car but not for a truck. If so you could park and carry they last 600 or so meters to the put in. Just a little info to put out.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2014, 10:08 pm 

Hi Scrambler.Where does the road go in? Skirting 4th from before the dam or somewhere else? I was thinking of taking my daughter in there this spring and had assumed I'd park at the dam and paddle across but I didn't realize there was a road there.
Adds more people I suppose but may add some time to ck other areas or avoid having to wait out a blow across the lake.
The last time I paddled that area was a trip to Whitesands and that's been 10 yrs or better now.
Thanks.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 8:41 pm 

Yup just follow the road going to the right around the lake from the dam. Stay on the road and don't turn and it should take you to the put in on Sporting Lake Stream. The put in also makes a good campsite if you arrive later in the day.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 9:38 am 

Thanks scrambler.If it's passable with a 2wd truck,I'll ck it out this spring.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 7:49 pm 

It should be if the grounds not too wet. I was in 2wd suburban.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2014, 9:22 pm 

Good,mines a 2wd Mazda/Ranger but does have a posi rear.I'll ck it out and hope for the best.Tentative date is around may long weekend...about when the bugs come out.... :D

PostPosted: April 6th, 2014, 5:40 pm 

Hi Scrambler.Getting planned for the trip in now.Does the road end at the junction of fourth and S lake stream or a ways up the stream.Looking at a map shows it part way up but may be an old map with an old road and a newer one not shown?
Anyway,we may like to stay a night on fourth and look around so if that's the case may paddle across to camp at the junction somewhere.Thanks.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2014, 11:48 am 

I am going to scout out that road in the next 2 weeks. Last year, there were 2 or 3 trucks parked in there when we camped. They were bigger trucks (dualies), but I'm going to see if i can't get in with my 4x4 ranger. Google earth has new imagery in that area, and you can make out the road pretty clearly. We are planning our trip near the start of may.
I'll post what I found out!

PostPosted: April 8th, 2014, 6:58 pm 

That would be fantastic Coureur. Pics are good too if you get a chance :) It would be good to see what it's like for sure.My truck is a 2wd so if not accessible that way I'll paddle across from the dam.Thanks.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2014, 6:49 am 

Greetings Folks,

I am planning a canoe trip for Easter Long weekend, 3 -4 days. I was hoping to do the "Tent Dwellers Route" but this delayed spring and my paddling partner bailing on me may mean I have to change plans.

I know its pretty early, but what do you think the road conditions into Sporting Lake Stream and/or Low landing would be like this time of year? Pretty crappy I am assuming.

Kindly.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2014, 11:18 am 

Looks like Coureur will be there sometime before you go if you're going in 2 wks time so he'll likely have a report by then.Worse case you could park at the dam and paddle across.The road is always pretty good to that point afaik.
Google earth imagery is good for that area now.Back toward provost lake it's old crappy shots-strange....certainly does show the road well anyway.There's quite a lot in that area I'd like to poke around in....wonder if I can get a few weeks off. :D

PostPosted: April 10th, 2014, 12:46 pm 

I may not be able to get out that way this weekend. I may get time to check it out around the Easter long weekend, but that won't help you, Happydude. I was planning to go to Gaspereau Lake this weekend, along some of the dirt roads. The road conditions there may or may not reflect what it's like in the Tobeatic as it's in the valley.

Agford832, you are quite right about the road to the dam. I got an outfitter to get me in and out from the Dam last year, though I saw several small cars drive by the launch site!

Spring weight restrictions were late this year I believe. Things are still trying to thaw and drain still. Might be worth contacting on of the outfitters in the area to see what they know.

Now you guys have me thinking about going for a quick overnight trip on the Easter weekend!

Spring Fever + Canoe Addiction!

PostPosted: April 10th, 2014, 2:27 pm 

There you go happydude,you're the official guinea pig-take some pics eh? :D
I expect the Bass and Pickerel are still snoozing under the ice in Gaspereau Coureur :lol: but let us know how you make out. 8)

PostPosted: April 12th, 2014, 6:32 pm 

I am planning a trip around the pine lake area later in the week. Tomorrow I plan to drive up to sporting lake stream, it has been several years since I have been in. Will let you know how it goes.