It is currently April 21st, 2019, 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A Night of Adventure
PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 9:20 am 

Greetings Folks,

I have started a speaker series in Wolfville, Annapolis Valley. Once a month, somebody who has completed a human powered expedition or adventure come in to share their experiences and stories. The idea is, people who are passionate about wilderness travel are generally passionate about sharing their stories too. The event is FREE, informal and fun for everybody involved.

I am constantly looking for new speakers to come in and share their stories. At the end of this month, Wednesday, January 29th, Jan La-Pierre will be coming in to speak about his sea kayak adventure from Canso - Sable Island to raise funds for camp Brigadoon. It should be an exciting talk.

If you would like to share your adventure, PLEASE reach out. I am not a student at Acadia but an ambitious young man trying to create a legacy for others to follow and get outside.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: A Night of Adventure
PostPosted: January 12th, 2014, 9:36 am 

Excellent idea,could you post up more details of this event re time and place when you get a chance?Thanks.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 2:03 pm 

Hey there folks, here is the Event info:

When: Wednesday, January 29th, at 8 PM
Where: Just us!, wolfville. Studio Z
What: A FREE monthly event where local wilderness enthusiasts share their stories about expeditions and adventure. Join us this month to listen to Jan La Pierre speak about his incredible non stop 175km sea kayaking trip from Canso, NS - Sable Island all to raise funds for Camp Brigadoon.

you can email us for more info or to be added to our contact list: greener adventures@gmail.com

Thanks!!

PostPosted: January 29th, 2014, 9:25 am 

Not going to be able to make it due to daughter's activities.I hope it goes well,keep us updated on the next one.Thanks.:)