It is currently March 18th, 2024, 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Card Lake
PostPosted: May 19th, 2014, 11:45 am 

Here is my review/details of card lake Nova Scotia I tried to make it as relevent as possible to the decision process/planning involved when choosing a lake to paddle/camp. Card lake has very little paddling info on it and despite it's smaller size is certainly worth a day or over night trip.

http://twoifbysea.webs.com/apps/blog/show/42279600-canoeing-card-lake-nova-scotia-card-lake-canoe-trip

http://twoifbysea.webs.com/

Post subject: Re: Card Lake
PostPosted: May 19th, 2014, 2:33 pm 

I've paddled rivers in 41 of the lower 48 United States, and so I offer my encouragement to your project. I don't hold out for wilderness rivers, but I try for quality runs, not just whatever happens to run by a roadside. Right now I lack Texas, Kansas, Arizona, Nevada, Iowa, and North and South Dakota. I may not get to all of them because, at 71, I don't find car travel as easy.

You don't have as many provinces to cover as I have states, but your distances are much greater. I was in NB and NS with a boat on the car a few summers ago. I ran some of the St. Croix, but in Nova Scotia we only covered the northern half, and didn't see any lakes or rivers that had sufficient appeal.

Post subject: Re: Card Lake
PostPosted: May 19th, 2014, 3:47 pm 

Great report twoifbysea.Thanks.Great info when considering a trip.I find all lakes I haven't been in appealing-and those I have as well. 8)