It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Deep Freeze 2019
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2019, 7:23 pm 

Good to hear that both of you are coming again this year . You may certainly put your cold tent at the same place as last year .
Josh I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself last year . Also glad that you can make it again this year . Thanks for posting the pictures . See you on the Monday or Tuesday . scouter Joe

PostPosted: January 30th, 2019, 9:26 pm 

Ok Blaf, good to hear.
And yep, I can certainly bring my saw.
Lots of snow, see you all soon

PostPosted: February 7th, 2019, 7:02 pm 

scouter Joe wrote:
Hi Kevin Good to hear from you . Are you practicing with lego for the tent erection ? Just 4 more weeks .

We practiced last night. I'd say more Tinker Toy then Lego!!

PostPosted: February 7th, 2019, 7:09 pm 

Just the same ,it's still an impressive tent . See you in a little over a week . scouter Joe

PostPosted: February 8th, 2019, 11:36 am 

I'm pleased to say this will once again be an international gathering. Right now planning on 3 of us coming in on Saturday or Sunday and staying until Saturday or Sunday. This could be shortened on either end, or a few days missing in the middle by 1, 2 or all 3 of us. Hopefully we'll get our normal lot in downtown DF.

If that sounds a little vague it goes to the basic fact that apparently miracles of life cannot be scheduled in advance.

No matter what, we will be there sometime and really look forward to seeing everyone!

PostPosted: February 8th, 2019, 1:10 pm 

Hi all,
Nice to hear that you're going to have a large and international crew for DF this year...unfortunately I won't be able to make it again this year.
Who's waiting for the miracle of life to happen Tony? Congrats in advance.
Saludos from Mexico,
Al 8)
"Ah for just one time I would take the Northwest Passage, to find the hand of Franklin reaching for the Beaufort Sea"

PostPosted: February 8th, 2019, 4:03 pm 

Unfortunately Sebastian and me will not make it now. Not sick or feeling bad but I am scheduled for a test around deep freeze time . Doctor wants results first before I do strenuous activities. First miss for me :cry: :cry:

Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Prov. 19:20

PostPosted: February 8th, 2019, 7:06 pm 

Hey Bill we will all miss you and Sebastian as well . Good luck with the tests .

PostPosted: February 8th, 2019, 8:43 pm 

Hi Deep Freezers
For the second year in a row I will have to do with out the pleasure of being with you.
This year is at the instance of my Cardiologist. In October a great medical team replaced the
Aortic valve in my heart. I feel great and I past my stress test with flying colours. I am in a Cardio Rehab program and the I have a the strong desire to come to DF.
I hope to join you all 53 weeks from now. In the fall I hope to be in touch with you all to work out the details . In May of 2019 I will be 80 years old. If I don't feel I can carry at least most of my weight I will not come. It is very important to me to be able to pull most if not all of my full share.
I camped in the DF parking lot and visited the DF town site in June on my return from visiting Tuktoyaktuk. It was a thrill.
I hope you all have a great and safe Deep Freeze.
Dave
PS
Bill
Sorry to hear your news. I know your pain.
OAF

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 6:54 am 

Hi Dave ! Good to hear from you and I'm glad to hear that your recovery is going well . Listen to your doctors . They know their stuff . I am exactly 10 years younger than you are and I hope I can pull my weight . scouter Joe

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 11:59 am 

Hello everyone, yes, I'm going to try it one more time, but this time it will be without Chateau Moe, it has been retired! Scott has taken over the housing responsibility with his new abode. Scott, Mike, and I will arrive at the campsite Sunday morning.

Billy, Sebastian, sorry to hear you won't make it this year, hope things turn out well. Who's going to catch fish??

Dave (OAF), I know we won't see you at Deepfreeze this year but I guaranty we will be thinking of you as we sit staring at stars and contemplate life while sitting on the new throne you dropped of in Kitchener for transport to Deepfreeze . Thanks .

Joe, thanks again for all the preparation you do on our behalf, greatly appreciated, see you on Sunday.

P.S. if permitted, would like to transfer the Chateau Moe location to Scott's new tent.

cheers

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 7:47 pm 

How is the ice fishing situation?

I remember Billy having some success the one year we were there, but it may have been on the next lake over (Smokefox?).

We're considering bringing our pop-up fish hut, if it's worth it. We'd have to make it a separate trip, but it sounds like it's relatively short.

Looking forward to it

Thanks,

Brian

PostPosted: February 9th, 2019, 8:09 pm 

Moe glad to hear that you can make it again . I'll.be sure to save your spot for you .
Brian ! It will be great to see you and Linda again . It's been to long . scouter Joe

PostPosted: February 11th, 2019, 9:45 am 

Hey

I was at the Deep Freeze location yesterday. The area has a thick icy crust and were expecting some snow this week! The trail is packed via snowmobile traffic from the trapper. I seen the trapper and chatted for a few minutes. He mentioned he fell through the ice yesterday! He is OK. He mentions there is so much snow on the lake that some areas are not frozen over very well ven though we have been in -20's for weeks.

I should be there this year not sure what day I will show up Saturday or Sunday. Looking forward to this years camp out.

Reg

PostPosted: February 11th, 2019, 2:01 pm 

My plan was to come up Friday but i will be there Saturday afternoon instead...

i will be sleeping in my pop up tent with my 3 season sleeping bag ,, hopefully, i stay warm ..i will be bringing my snowmobile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next