It is currently April 21st, 2019, 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: November 10th, 2015, 10:00 am 

The Waddington's book "In the Footsteps of the Group of Seven" will be having a reprint hopefully available by Dec 1st.
It is a great book and makes a great Christmas present for those hard buy gifts for.
Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

PostPosted: November 10th, 2015, 3:31 pm 

I'll second that !!

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956

PostPosted: November 11th, 2015, 10:18 am 

This will be small reprint and I have been told it will only be available in a few places but I don't know where.
(The trouble with a book being too popular is that it gets sold out :-) )
To make sure that I can have some to distribute at our talks, I have ordered a big pile for ourselves.
When I find out where they will be sold, I'll post something.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2015, 11:04 am 

Now available here!

http://artgalleryofsudbury.myshopify.co ... p-of-seven

Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

PostPosted: December 1st, 2015, 11:12 am 

Jeff beat me to this.
REPRINTED!
We have just received a notification that "In the Footsteps of the Group of Seven" has been reprinted. Books are on the way from the printer in Manitoba!
We have a long list of people who have asked for a copy.
Now, how can you get one for Christmas? Start by telling your friends that you want one. If you don't have a friend, you have to buy yourself one.
Sue and I will have lots but not an easy way to distribute them. The Art Gallery of Sudbury will also have 200 copies. You can order a copy (or two) from them at http://tinyurl.com/m9a35qv
The plan is that if you order soon, they can ship them in time. They are investigating how late they can take orders for delivery before the holidays.
We know that some copies are being shipped to Toronto for distribution to stores, I don't know which stores or when they will have them.
More news later, I hope.
Remember the proceeds go to the Art Gallery of Sudbury. So you are doing a good deed by buying one

PostPosted: December 1st, 2015, 12:18 pm 

A must read....a great Christmas gift!!

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956

PostPosted: December 1st, 2015, 9:59 pm 

An easy book to recommend!

I've returned to my copy more than a few times not only for the paintings but also to appreciate anew the Waddingtons' enduring passion and keen eye.

GHOSLO, congrats on the second printing!

https://albinger.me

PostPosted: December 4th, 2015, 10:37 am 

Thanks, but it is actually the fourth printing. The experts say that it is really a lot for a "coffee table" art book. I think the reason is that it isn't really an art book so much as an outdoors book. Stories and photos about canoeing and hiking to the beautiful places where the artists went. Largely places that you can't drive to.
Many of you have asked me where to get a copy. I now have lots. We can sign them but can't ship them easily. I just checked the Chapters site. Not much help. They don't have any in Ontario. Two or three in Quebec. One in New Brunswick.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2016, 10:01 am 

Anyone who liked our book about canoeing and art will really enjoy the material that "Slipper" has posted about Tom Thomson and the eastern part of Algonquin. He and his wife have followed Tom Thomson around the Achray area identifying an impressive number of places that Tom painted in 1916.
click here for a link.
No trip to Grand Lake would be complete without following their guide to the area.