It is currently December 10th, 2018, 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: July 26th, 2018, 9:52 pm 

Maybe our American friends can help out. These aren't too readily available up here, are they worth hunting down?

https://naturamarket.ca/brands/kodiak-c ... -567g.html

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2018, 7:27 pm 

I don't think that mix is very widely available in the U.S. either - as in I've never heard of it. If you decide to take the risk and order it, let us know how it is. It might lesson my pancake eating guilt as I consume the 5 bottles of maple syrup that came home with me from my recent rip to Ontario. :)

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2018, 7:34 pm 

Meh.. I take a homemade granola with kamut flakes ( 12 g protein-and its a complete protein- per serving) and maple syrup. Instead of milk I mix skyr with it ( 15 g protein 120 calories per 5.3 oz), Skyr is a cultured dairy product that is widely available in the US ( of course Iceland has many more brands and flavors) and keeps well without refrigeration for a few days. So I can get a 27 g protein breakfast with almost no sugar and almost no fat.

I had a hard time finding kamut flakes in the grocery so I ordered it online.. Same may well be true for you at the natural market .ca

Its worth pursuing. Everything is better with maple syrup.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2018, 4:13 pm 

Just back from St. Andrew's by the Sea. I looked across the border from St. Stephen but don't think I saw you littleredcanoe.

Love the Skyr. Eat it daily on my steel cut oats, berries and nuts/seeds ... of course topped with maple syrup.

If I was buying the Flapjack mix in bulk, the shipping becomes negligible, but I can't abide paying as much for shipping as the product itself, to sample a single box ... especially w/o a recommendation.

If I find a local source, I'll give it a go and post a review.