Advertising

View topic - Canoe Rentals - Kawartha Highlands

It is currently July 25th, 2014, 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Canoe Rentals - Kawartha Highlands
PostPosted: April 28th, 2013, 6:36 pm 

arrived at Wildrock in Peterborough (2012) and was told 'sorry, we don't rent to Americans'. So I went to adventure outfitters and picked up a Paluski that didn't have a portage yoke. I tried emulating the voyageurs, and strapping paddles to the thwarts. Nearly took my head off a couple of times as the canoe slid to the side with my head trapped between the two paddles. Made it over a couple of portages into Kawartha Highlands from Coon lake, had a fine time though much shorter trip than planned. Guess I will bring my own canoe this year, but it would be nice to be able to rent a lightweight canoe with yoke near the park, given the number of portages you have to do there. And what's with the anti-American rental policy at Wildrock? 1812 was a long time ago, friends. Seems like it would be easier all round to just take a credit-card imprint.
-Seth

PostPosted: July 18th, 2013, 6:59 am 

Long Lake Lodge now has Scott Kevlar 2013 prospector and elite model canoes as well as a large fleet of Paluski poly's, you can launch right from our location......and yes we will rent to Americans......we like Americans check our website @ http://www.longlakelodge.ca we have the largest rental fleet in the area

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2013, 6:15 pm 

arezee wrote:
I rented a couple of times from Long Lake Lodge last summer, never again. The same guy both times was downright mean, and the boats were in terrible shape and weighed a ton.
Him... Last year I liked their service. Both brothers(?) were friendly and accommodative.

I agree that canoes were on a heavy side. However they were in a good condition and manageable to portage.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2013, 3:21 pm 

sorry you had bad experience, we try our best to be courteous and professional at all times we now have 2013 Scott Kevlar canoes only 49 lbs

PostPosted: August 14th, 2013, 7:12 pm 

Looks like they had a good weekend for rentals , I seen a lot of their canoes out on the water Sunday

Yes there tanks , but when your renting to weekend warriors ,, why would you provide them with a $2500-3000 boat

As for abrasive personality's , when you deal with the public , sometimes you get thick skinned

Perhaps they could expand to delivery , down to Coon Lake or up to Anstruther or run a boat shuttle down the lake , would be a great sideline job for a student or local

I'm just hoping the MNR doesn't start charging for day use or parking

PostPosted: August 15th, 2013, 10:33 am 

David our 2013 prospector's retail for around $2400 and weigh only 51 lbs. Parks Ontario tells me they will eventually be charging for day use but you would have to speak with someone there to verify this. we already provide delivery to any access point in the park as well as a water taxi service for more info check out our website at http://www.longlakelodge.ca

PostPosted: August 15th, 2013, 1:04 pm 

I rented one of the Scott Kevlars this past weekend and it was great. The guys at Long Lake were great, and we had a great time in the park.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2013, 1:46 pm 

glad to hear it Rylake...........and Thanks!!!