View topic - Algonquin - 4 day hiking and canoeing

It is currently December 12th, 2018, 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: December 6th, 2018, 12:34 pm 

Edited together some of my cell phone footage of a trip with my friend to Algonquin. It was his first time canoe tripping.

We spent the first day doing some of the shorter hikes along highway 60 and spent the night at the campground on Canisbay Lake.

The next day we left from access point 6 (Smoke Lake) and canoed to Bonnechere Lake which we had to ourselves. It had lovely clear water. We spent the next day on Parkside Bay which was a mistake as all the sites were taken when we arrived being now Saturday. It was also quite crowed and loud compared to our night on Bonnechere.'

Weather was good and only a quick downpour as we finished up one hike and were headed to the visitors center and a light shower paddling across Ragged L for Parkside Bay.

I think my friend is hooked now!

PostPosted: December 10th, 2018, 3:01 pm 

I am of firm belief that the Smoke/Ragged/Big Porc/Parkside series is a gateway drug to further more deeper interior trips...next stop will likely be the Barron Canyon experience but once the arms of Algonquin have their arms around you it will pull you into various parts of the Amables du Fond and force you to to be chauffeured across Opeongo. Algonquin is a wicked drug. It usually takes one hit and you are hooked for life. No known cure.

Nicely done vid. Use of music and good editing made it for me. I want more now. Its addicting.Damn you.Enabler.