View topic - Shout out to Recreational Barrel Works

It is currently February 18th, 2019, 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: August 7th, 2018, 6:51 am 

I'm more of a lurker, than a participant on these forums, mostly because the knowledge here far surpasses any contribution I can make, but I feel it's important to give credit where credit is due. If this isn't the correct forum, or against the rules, feel free to move.

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Andy at Recreational Barrel Works. I had made a purchase through his website, and I received the product. There was an issue with it, and with my upcoming Kawartha Highlands trip starting on the 13th, Andy was concerned that he couldn't get me a replacement in time.

I'm sure he was travelling for other reasons, not that it mattered, but on Sunday I received an email and a short while later a knock on the door from Andy himself. I live in Georgetown, which is a fair trek from Peterborough, and undoubtedly out of his way. Andy picked up the return product and dropped off the fresh one. I haven't received customer service like that ever.

Needless to say, I'm ecstatic that our trip will be able to continue without a hitch. Thanks to Andy and Recreational Barrel Works -- I won't hesitate to purchase from them in the future.

PostPosted: August 7th, 2018, 2:15 pm 

Thanks for sharing the story.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2018, 8:20 pm 
CCR Assistant Administrator

I sorta needed a new barrel harness. This post made me go over to Recreational Barrel Works and take a look. I bought the RBW Ostrom Harness. It's unfortunate that the Ostrom Outdoors Harness is no more. But the Recreational Barrel Works harness was designed by Bill Ostrom and Bill did the quality assurance testing. It's also a great price. That and Andy's service makes it pretty much the best deal on the market.