View topic - Mayonnaise packets

It is currently December 18th, 2018, 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2002, 7:41 am 

Does anybody know where to find the little restaurant style packets of mayonnaise? They need no refridgeration and they make tuna and chicken slide down so much easier!
I've been looking for about 3 years now ... HELP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2002, 9:42 am 

Try the Bulk food store. I have found it there as well as packets of cheese whiz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2002, 9:47 am 

See the tuna in pouch thread. Chicken of the sea has the whole deal in pouches. The mayo, etc. in a size that feeds 2 adults. We mixed the kit and made quite thick tuna salad spread for sandwiches.

-Jester

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2002, 6:49 pm 

Quote:
Try the Bulk food store. I have found it there as well as packets of cheese whiz.

Thanks for answering! I've tried several bulk food stores without any luck. Do you have the name of the one you've found it in (Bulk Barn, etc.)in Brampton? I go through there once in a while.

Jester - I got the impression that the "Chicken of the Sea" stuff is only found in the States. Can I actually get some up here somewhere?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2002, 3:14 pm 

Try the bulk section of your food store, or a place like Cosco. If you can get a hold of one, look on the back for the teeny tiny print. I have a box of Helmans packets at home(but of course they are not here!) Try a Helmans jar for their company number, call and ask where you can get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2002, 3:50 pm 

I got mine at the Bulk Barn at the Bramalea City Centre last summer. Check them out. Also, you might want to try Arby's. They have that "Horsey sauce" which is similar to mayo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2002, 9:10 pm 
canoeweasel,
Here in Pittsburgh, Pa. some of the fast food places have serve yourself condiments. I was in a Panera bread cafe just today and helped myself to some packets of mayonaise for my sandwich.
If you have a place like this up north it could serve your needs, just don't get greedy and try to accumulate all of you stash at one visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2002, 3:19 pm 

Costco or Price Club usually sell stuff like that. I know for sure they have the peanut butter and jam ones...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2002, 6:10 pm 

Ever watch "Night Shift", Michael Keaton come up with a brainstorm to "feed mayo to the tuna".... Solves the problem...lol

Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2002, 7:27 pm 
These are all good suggestions (with the possible exception of Carl's! :roll:), and I thank you all, but I've tried each of them to no avail. Alas, Costco never has the mayo, I can't find a fast food place in Canada that has mayo packets and I've checked out bulk food places 'til I was purple!!! But wait! My trip isn't until next weekend and I have to go to South Carolina before I get to Algonquin! Is there any chance that there is a South Carolinian lurking in this forum? Make yourself heard - I want to know every fast food joint in the South that uses mayo packets! (Preferably Hellman's, but I realize that I'm in no position to be choosy!). But all seriousness aside, I CRAVE AN ACTUAL MAYO SIGHTING! :mad: The truth is out there ... and no tuna (or chicken, for that matter) will be safe when I find it!

mayoweasel

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2002, 3:54 am 

you can get them at 7-11 stores in London ontario so i am assuming they are at all of them. they are little packets like jam comes in and at the section of the store where you but the hotdogs and hambugers. i hope you find them.

Marshall

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2002, 1:10 pm 

And if you really are desp. You could buy a NEW jar of mayo, and taking extra care to use clean utensils and bottles, place some of it is a bottle. I know people who sail all over the world, and they never refrigerate their unopened mayo - the rule is to use extra clean utensils and never double dip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2002, 3:47 pm 

I bought a box of 200 individual pkts of Miracle Whip through our local restaurant who purchased them from a wholesaler named Biddells (I think) out of Aylmer or Simcoe. I got them at restaurant cost which was about $17. Promptly sold 100 of the pkts to a lady who wanted them for her husband's lunch.

Took them with us on the Goulais River last week & this and they worked perfectly with tuna.

They are out there; you may just have to approach a restaurant and see if they can order them for you.

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2002, 4:58 pm 

I have never refrigerated plain mayo since I met my mother in law (no she wasnt trying to do me in). She lived to be 87 and kept her mayo in the pantry.
So I just put some in a nalgene bottle for trips.
I can get handfuls of the things at ski areas and some fast food places, and do use them in the car.
My worry is the next bit of trail litter will be those little packets(they are so easy to overlook)..already the White Mountains trails are littered with fruit stickers (the number one type of litter actually)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2002, 6:32 pm 

I just picked up a few packets at Boston Chicken. Look for them when you come south.