View topic - Various canoe tripping gear for sale (SS Marie, Ont.)

It is currently November 21st, 2018, 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 10:03 am 

- UPDATED -

I am trying to make room in my basement. The following items are up for grabs. Note I will be travelling to Toronto Nov. 17 so free delivery is possible. Otherwise will ship Canada Post COD.

PM to arrange purchase or ask questions.

MEC Twin Peaks tent $120

Classic two-person, three-pole modified dome with two doors and vestibules. This tent is sturdy and suitable for 4-season use below the treeline. Weighs about 7 pounds. Features MEC's durable 10,000 mm coated floor fabric. This tent has seen moderate use but remains dry and undamaged.

Attachment:
File comment: MEC Twin Peaks 2-person tent, $120
Twin peaks.jpg
Twin peaks.jpg [ 74.07 KiB | Viewed 437 times ]

MSR Miniworks water filter $60

Reliable ceramic manual-pump water filter, attaches directly to 1 L Nalgene bottle. Very light use, the filter is clean and has a lot of life remaining.

Helle Fjellkniven belt knife $75

Beautiful 3.8-inch fixed blade, triple-laminate stainless steel and curly birch handle. The blade is clean, nick-free and sharp. The leather sheath shows some wear and has been modified with a "dangler" cord for belt carry. A nice knife that isn't too macho looking.

Attachment:
File comment: Helle Fjellkniven knife, $75
DSCF8572.JPG
DSCF8572.JPG [ 159.25 KiB | Viewed 437 times ]

Eureka VCS tarp/bug shelter $20

Older model with removable bug shelter. The tarp is free of holes but smells like an old nylon tarp. The bug shelter portion is intact. Not sure of specific model, but it fits 2-3 people max.

MEC Scout Tarp $20

Well used but still dry and free of damage. This is the basic (non-ultralight) version. Still has lots of life left.

Ash Ottertail paddle, 60-inch $50

One-piece ottertail paddle with a versatile "Maine guide"-style grip. 60 inches, in great shape, ideal for lake water paddling. Varnished blade and shift with oiled grip.

Last edited by Greenlander on November 11th, 2018, 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 11:35 am 

wow great price on VCS system. if i didnt have one i would definitely snap that up.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 11:40 am 

Indeed! I'm interested in the VCS tarp, are you able to check if yours is the 13 or 16' model? Thanks!

PostPosted: November 6th, 2018, 2:07 pm 

Thanks for your interest. It's smaller, so probably the 13-foot model (that makes sense bc the tarp is about 9x9). You can't go wrong at 20 bucks, but if you have more to spend I'd recommend going with something like the NEMO Bugout -- it's way better in my opinion.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2018, 11:27 am 

Okay, thanks! I'll pass - the price is reaaaaally tempting, but I'm not needing to start hoarding gear at this stage. ...or any more than I already have. ;)

PostPosted: November 7th, 2018, 11:42 am 

I hear ya. Hence the effort to unload...