View topic - Deep Freeze 2018 February 17 to 25

It is currently October 19th, 2018, 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2018, 12:14 pm 

Hi Jim
The dog that bit Smokey that caused the rule has never been back. Remember we had Sam for a few years.
Big Jim has 2 Bernese Mountain Dogs. no problems.
As I am not able to come this year ( in Grenade) I really don't have a say but .
Stay safe
Dave

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2018, 3:42 pm 

Hi Jim , I don't have any problems with dogs at deep freeze as long as they are behaved and aren't getting into other peoples food . Dave pretty well hit on the reason why dogs were kind of prohibited . Ken always kept his dog with him or tied up near his tent . Most everyone liked Sam . I don't bring my dog as I know she will be bothering people for food and attention ,and not always in that order . So you know your dog and if it is well behaved I would welcome it . scouter Joe

PostPosted: January 26th, 2018, 2:41 pm 

Daniel will come, with a friend for the first few days. In Saturday, out the following Saturday, unless it rains again. I don't like rain...

PostPosted: January 26th, 2018, 7:17 pm 

Hi Dan I'm with you on the rain . We did cope quite well last year though but getting around is a lot easier when the temperature stays below freezing . I will not mind though if it doesn't get as cold as 2 years ago . Looking forward to seeing you again . scouter Joe

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 10:19 am 

Looking forward to the winter camp. Bob, Seb, Mike ,Chris and Bill will be there from Saturday to Friday. Will take in an auger again for ice hole. Good job there is more snow up at halfway than down here in southern ontario.

Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Prov. 19:20

PostPosted: January 31st, 2018, 7:10 pm 

Yes we have lots of snow up here and we got another 4" today . Good to hear that you can all make it . We'll see you in just over 2 weeks . scouter Joe

PostPosted: February 1st, 2018, 7:19 pm 

There's a vicious rumor going around that three yanks will be there from Sunday to Saturday.

Can't wait to see everyone again!

PostPosted: February 1st, 2018, 7:25 pm 

Hey I was starting to wonder if you were coming . Glad to hear that you can make it . See you in a bit over 2 weeks scouter Joe

PostPosted: February 6th, 2018, 9:32 pm 

Once again on Wednesday night we will have a pot luck . A time to share some great food and good banter. See you all there next week Saturday.

Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Prov. 19:20

PostPosted: February 7th, 2018, 6:30 am 

Hey I'll be ready . I went up there on Monday to check things out and the parking lot is ploughed . I walked in to the camp site and all is in order . There is a few standing dead trees that should come down before the tents are set up and I will go in towards the end of next week to take care of that . I set up one thunder box so there will be a place to go while we are setting up . Walked in and out with the snowshoes so the trail should be froze up . Hope to see you all there . scouter Joe

PostPosted: February 7th, 2018, 12:27 pm 

I plan to come first time ,, i have a cold tent and a sleeping bag so I'm all good....

hope its okay ,, is it okay to come Friday..

PostPosted: February 7th, 2018, 2:41 pm 

Thanks for all your pre-trip set up Joe. A pre-packed trial and cut trees will certainly make things much easier. Almost too easy when compared to the "ole days" ha ha lol

See everyone Saturday.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2018, 5:47 pm 

sdcomp welcome to deepfreeze. By Friday do you mean the 16th? No one is coming up till the 17th so you will be on your own. The only glitch you could run into is where to set up, there are level pads under the snow where the hot tents usually set up as they need a big foot print. other wise see you there. Also the water hole will not be drilled yet. There will be over thirty of us there this year for sure :) :)

PostPosted: February 16th, 2018, 10:07 am 

I will be thinking of you all this weekend/week. I was super pumped to go after the Winter Camping Symposium in November but then I broke my knee on New Years. I'm still in a brace with crutches so snow walking isn't really possible :(

Looks like the weather will be a bit better then last years.

The guy who came with me last year (Kurt) is going again with a newly built tent.

Hope everyone has a blast!!

Kevin

Edward Abbey

PostPosted: February 16th, 2018, 12:30 pm 

See everyone on friday

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next