View topic - Snow Report

It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Snow Report
PostPosted: November 27th, 2004, 11:46 am 

Finally, there is some white (and purple) on the map.

Snow Report

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 27th, 2004, 12:34 pm 

The frosty spirit is lost in the South West.

The people around here look at you in disgust when you hope and pray for about a good 2meter depth of that fluffy white stuff.

Anyone have any pull with Mother Nature? Maybe sweet talk her into a little cooler temps around here. Heck, I'd be happy if she hits my home only!

[color=green]For love of the wilderness, A journey begins...[/color] [color=brown][b][Nature's Calling...] So get OFF(!) THAT(!!) THUNDERBOX !!![/b][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2004, 4:37 pm 

Geez you guys, perhaps we should move to a climate where its always cold. Nah, I don't think so.
Just the same, winter is on us or almost on us. We got snow here Wednesday, about 6" or so. Mike, you would have been in seventh heaven, Rick, you to.
We just got back from the Sunshine Coast in BC and I got to admit, that might be the best of 2 worlds. If you want winter drive a couple mile up the big hill (the Rockies) and walla, winter. If you want to go canoeing you can do it 365 days a year.
Saw a bunch of people with double blades out there. The Sechelt Inlet is spectacular.
Going back again next year for sure.
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2004, 5:49 pm 
Have no idea what it is like "down South", but typically here in North Bay the snow doesn't stick around until the week (or two) before Christmas. Yes we get snow before then, like just the other day we got about 4 inches, but it's all gone in another day or two, like today!

Some will scoff and say I remember getting snow on the first or November and it stayed until the next May. Yes, that is correct. Once in a while we get early snow that doesn't melt. But that's not the norm. Then again nothing is normal whan it comes to weather.

Me, I don't like the stuff. Bah, humbug :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2004, 12:05 am 

Merlin wrote:
We just got back from the Sunshine Coast in BC and I got to admit, that might be the best of 2 worlds. If you want winter drive a couple mile up the big hill (the Rockies) and walla, winter. If you want to go canoeing you can do it 365 days a year.
Dan

You can reach snow quicker than by going to the Rockies. On the Sunshine Coast, or from Vancouver, you need only drive half an hour or so up to 3000', where there is tons of snow from November to June. The world class Whistler downhill area is only 1.5hr away. Better weather and snow in the Rockies, though, and you do end up missing "real" changes of season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2004, 8:31 am 

Hey! WIsconsin is on the snow map!

We have seen the snow already this year but nothing to stick. The stuff came this past week and clobbered Chicago! All is melted though!

Boneli

"Preservation of our waterways comes from those with little voices, big paddles, strong backs, weak minds and thick hides with which to ignore the bug bites." Organizer of "The Wabakimi Project"

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2004, 9:39 am 

Snow was late up here this year...we had a long mild fall, perhaps to make up for the wet cold summer....anyway, about eight inches down as of yesterday, went skiing in the afternoon, I'm glad it's finally here......I usually ski from Dec 1st until well into April, and as one poster said, sometimes right into May. It ain't unusual up here.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2004, 9:24 pm 

Snow Condition : Even layer of loose dry snow covering ground completely.

Georgi's Condition: Loose layer between the deviated septum and the the subdural hematoma. The anti-Chionophobi!

[color=green]For love of the wilderness, A journey begins...[/color] [color=brown][b][Nature's Calling...] So get OFF(!) THAT(!!) THUNDERBOX !!![/b][/color]