View topic - Deepfreeze 2016 Location

It is currently August 14th, 2018, 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Deepfreeze 2016 Location
PostPosted: September 16th, 2015, 3:38 pm 

I am planning on going to the location of this winters camp location on the weekend of Oct. 24th and 25th . This trip will be to scout the area ,clear tent pads and cut poles for the hot tents . Also set up for latrines .
Anyone who would like to come along to help is welcome . We'll make a weekend camp out and share a campfire . Anyone game ? scouter Joe

PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 6:16 am 

Morning Joe
I am just heading into Killarney until Sunday. I will love to come along to DF16 campsite. I will email you from home for more details.
Stay safe
OAF/Dave

PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 8:44 am 

Hi Joe,

I started winter camping last year, and have the 24th weekend off work (including Monday :D). Would love to come.

Cheers,
Marko

PostPosted: September 18th, 2015, 5:54 pm 

Hey Dave and Marko , will be great to see you out to give a hand . Any one else free that weekend that would like to come out for a weekend of prep work and camping . scouter Joe

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2015, 11:05 am 

Thank you for doing this guys. I am busy that weekend (and all weekends in October, work related), otherwise I would come. But I am looking forward to see you all in February.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2015, 6:58 am 

Bump. Just a reminder. The more the merrier.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2015, 7:34 pm 

Two Sherpas from the Lounge will be in attendance.

Give us a job, Joe!

[color=green]For love of the wilderness, A journey begins...[/color] [color=brown][b][Nature's Calling...] So get OFF(!) THAT(!!) THUNDERBOX !!![/b][/color]

PostPosted: October 12th, 2015, 8:01 pm 

Hi Mike
There will be lots to do . I went in last week to check conditions and there are lots of good tent pads . There is a lot of fallen logs to remove from most of them though . We also have tent poles to cut and bring to the site for 5 or 6 tents that require them and there are not many close by .This will likely be the biggest job plus dig a few holes for thunder boxes . Hopefully with enough help we will be able to get it all done and have time for socializing as well . Any one else interested we can use the help . scouter Joe

PostPosted: October 13th, 2015, 10:23 am 

Thunderbox made.
Stay safe
OAF/Dave

PostPosted: October 21st, 2015, 10:30 am 

Damn, wish I had seen this earlier. I am already committed to a fall paddle that (this weekend). Maybe I can convince the others in my group to come to this instead (but some of them are not DF'ers - so they may not want to)?

That being said, what are the dates of DF? I am assuming Feb 13-21??

And.. is the location different this year? Or does the site require some maintance?

Hopefully i can make it out to help with this weekend, otherwise thanks to everyone who can.

Andrew

PostPosted: October 21st, 2015, 6:18 pm 

We will be in the same area but a different location if that makes any sense at all . We will be accessing the camping area from the end of the parking lot in the Jack pine stand at the far side of the lake . Distance in should be about the same as the last 2 years location . There are lots of good spots for tents and equally important lots of firewood . Yes you have the dates correct . Sorry to here you are going canoeing this weekend as the weather will be much better for site prep . Of coarse its still not to late to change your mind . Maybe see you Sat. morning . scouter Joe

PostPosted: October 25th, 2015, 4:33 pm 

Hey all you winter campers . We had a productive weekend and have a dozen sites cleaned out and levelled . Got enough poles for 5 prospector tents and 2 latrine holes dug with one box made . Will need at least 1 more box made . Thanks to the great help from 5 fellow winter campers . You made this a very satisfying weekend . All we need now is some snow and winter weather for February . Hope to see the regulars then and also any one else that may be interested in coming out . See you all then thanks again scouter Joe

PostPosted: October 25th, 2015, 6:16 pm 

Thanks to you and your crew! Sorry I couldn't make it.

Daniel.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2015, 12:44 pm 

Dave.

When you left we found your garden rake.... If we remember, we'll bring it back up this winter....

[color=green]For love of the wilderness, A journey begins...[/color] [color=brown][b][Nature's Calling...] So get OFF(!) THAT(!!) THUNDERBOX !!![/b][/color]

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2015, 2:48 pm 

Thanks I just missed it yesterday. The Wife will not need it until the spring. (Running joke).
I will but reminder on calendar.
Stay safe
Dave