View topic - Lady Evelyn Lake

It is currently April 21st, 2018, 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lady Evelyn Lake
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 11:31 pm 

I'm planning a mid July trip to Lady Evelyn Lake in the Temagami area . Does anybody have any info on what the fishing is like and where. I'm primarily interested in smallmouth but do keep the occasional pickeral(walleye) to eat. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 10:34 am 

Canoebuck;
You might have better luck posting this on ottertooth.com , but then again, people are reluctant to disclose their best fishing holes.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 8:07 pm 

Hi canoebuck...
Fishing for pickerel in Lady Evelyn??? You won't be disappointed! As Mac says, I'm not going to disclose my secret spots :tsk:

I'll let you in on one spot, though, just to get you started - directly north of the eskers on the west side of the point off the drop off. There's no camping allowed anymore on the eskers themselves, though.

Anywhere you go in L.E. you're almost guaranteed of a yummy late night snack of fresh pickerel (or bass). We've also caught the odd whitefish, but I'm not really sure just how plentiful they are.

Happy Fishing!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 11:25 am 

I canoed through Lady Evelyn/Smoothwater provincial park last year. Lady Evelyn is a huge HUGE lake and you could spend all summer fishing the lake. The north east end of the lake is the best for walleye in my mind. There is a huge area between a series of small islands that is from 10 to 20 feet deep. In that area you'll see 6-10 boats fishing every evening. It is the glory hole for walleye in the area. If you are planning to canoe in and camp there are 3 island campsites within a 15 minute of the area. The north east end of the lake can be reached via the access point at Mowat Landing. There is a free launch and parking, but you can also park for a small fee at the local lodge next door.

Watch out for wind on this lake as it can catch you quickly if you're not paying attention. Lady E is a huge body of water and anyone in a canoe can flip easily.

Post subject: Re: Lady Evelyn Lake
PostPosted: July 16th, 2016, 9:05 am 

There is a campsite at the south end of the lake where it opens up to L.E. and is in line with the overgrown 1390 and currently impassable portage to Goss lake. On the point there is a nice drop off where bass flourish early and late in the day. I used some Berkley 3" minnows from shore. It hardly seemed fair.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2016, 11:47 am 

The OP is probably back by now----or at least I sure hope so!! :lol: :wink:

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2016, 12:25 pm 

Thanks wotrock. I was aware of the date on the thread but didn't want to start a new one. I've always had great success in Temagami and it was a nice change to fish so close to the frying pan. Cheers.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2016, 7:56 pm 

Jest yankin' yer chain, BB. If I ever make it back there I'll keep your tip in mind. A beautiful spot.

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2017, 4:00 am 

Hi, everybody, this is new memeber betty, i am interested in fishing, :D , hope can get more fishing skills from here.

Betty
http://www.yiyen.com