It is currently October 14th, 2019, 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 7:49 am 

OK, I didn't have much luck getting to Quesnel, anyone know of a more direct way to the park from the airport? I'd hate to rent a car for the week and just leave it parked for 90% of the rental. Suggestions?

Thanks folks,

Jim Clayton

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 1:02 pm 

Hey Jim, rent a car from Van., drop off in Quesnel, enquire if rental place could deliver you to the park. From there, hitchhike or arrange a ride back with the rental place or taxi.

Any of the outfitters will help you out with a shuttle. Becker's, Bear River Mercantile, or Bowron Lodge are the main three. White Gold Outfitters from Wells may be able to help.

I know for sure that Becker's has picked people up from the airport and provided the whole package.

Again, I'm sure that something could be arranged, it's just a matter of making a few calls.

One year our ignition failed just outside of Wells. Long story short, the manager (Lorne) from Quesnel Toyota offered to drive us to and from the park to help us continue on our holidays while our car was being fixed. As it was, the car was fixed and we were only 1/2 a day late for our departure. Talk about customer service! As well, the mayor of Wells towed our trailer to his place and provided us with safe overnight storage for our Boler and gave us a ride when we were stranded on the highway.

Point being that the locals, I'm sure, would be able to provide you with an option that will work for you.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2008, 4:56 pm 

http://www.greyhound.ca/en/

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2008, 7:28 pm 

I agree with Ted. Either get a hold of Becker's or Jim at Bowron Lake Lodge. Are you renting the canoe and gear? We rented a Swift Winisk from JIm (paid for by Swift because of a late delivery of the same canoe). Great guy to deal with, and a great canoe. I am sure someone there has a way to make it work, you are not the first to need the same service.

Have fun on one of the most gorgeous paddles there is. :)

"Paddle faster, I hear banjos!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2008, 12:05 pm 

Jim: It doesn't look like you are having much luck here. My offfer is still good for transportation from Calgary for a Sept 5 departure. Company van with a company gas card, let me know.