It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: May 24th, 2020, 1:44 pm 

Have read several trip reports on the Circle route, but none newer than 2002. Looking for info on the loop to convince me that I would want to wade/drag through the low water in August, taking off the bottom of my boat :tsk: along the way, and that one fo the two of us would have to have their knee replacement sooner. Have rad that there is a route south of/connecting to the lake? Any info on this or the surrounding area for a 4-7 day trip would be appreciated. Prefer not do a shuttle this year. Have a deadline to be in Chapleau on day 7.

Love the area, having already paddle the Wakami (and detour on the Woman and Heman)- the Chapleau, and the Missinaibi starting at Peterbell, and it will break my heart to not enjoy another MW river, but so be it!

PostPosted: April 5th, 2021, 9:03 am 

Just had my topo's out researching the Ivanoe R. area, and took a trip back down the Wakami.. due to the crease in the map, and some smudges, it does indeed look like "Heman" creek, even with a magnifying glass. Was looking for an online make, and suddenly discover it is is really "Heenan". Mislead all these years by a hand-me-down map!