It is currently November 27th, 2021, 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: October 19th, 2021, 10:20 am 

Thanks for the video Jon. Seeing much of the same stuff only a couple months later is interesting. And interesting how things change, sometimes so quickly. There was no swift or rapid to paddle up (as at 1:33 in your video) in August, but I guess the 80 mm of rain changed thing quickly. My hammock was in the exact same spot as yours on Lawson Lake, but I didn't see the widow maker! And at the very end the channel under the road/highway is entirely different; in August it was a big round culvert. I found the construction signs posted towards the water surprising, I had never seen construction signs, intended for those on the water, on a canoeing/portaging trip before.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2021, 10:19 am 

Thanks Pete and Brad :)

Yeah we were pretty keen on finding those three ports but I really suspect they'd have to be re-cut based on what we saw (or didn't see).

I was wondering about that swift as we went into Lawson as there was nothing noted there on Brad's map, but you're right it must've been that little monsoon. At the start of the trip, we went under the overpass while we they were working on it and they had to pause heheh