It is currently March 18th, 2024, 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: April 9th, 2021, 1:25 pm 

I am a University student who worked last summer at a cluster of parks around Chapleau. I have been "paddling" since I was 10 days old, have several 1000 km under "my" belt (i.e. 3000+ km with my parents and at least +1500 km on my own or leading trips). I love to be on the water and sleep out whenever I can. Last summer, a the end of the day, I would grab a canoe, go out and clear up backcountry sites and stay out until early morning. On my days off I would try to do trips rather than stick around the staff house. This year I am based up near Foleyet (Ivanhoe) and am looking for short trips in the area. Ivanhoe Lake is not ideal, as it only has 1 sight about 5 km from the park (the other is about 32 km down the lake), and there will be lots of boats and fishermen. So I am looking for either some water on crownland, and just drive-paddle-stay, or some short loops. Out of the family fleet of boats, I get to take the 100lb MW Swift Madawaska... kinda like a Dumoine. I have a friend that will be working in the same cluster that might want to come with me when our shifts match and therefore might be able to get a little farther.

LAX (Lacrosse) players do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Canoeists take hope they take the correct path and try to leave no trail!