It is currently August 1st, 2021, 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: LSPP Shuttles options
PostPosted: May 30th, 2021, 3:37 pm 

Does any one know some options for shuttles between points in lake superior provincial park? No need to move gear just me back to my car. Lake Superior Adventures is the best I have found so far but I wanted to know if there were any other options.

Last edited by Coanbu on May 30th, 2021, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2021, 3:46 pm 

I have always used them for every LSPP trip and Pukaskwa trip. They are reliable and usually you drive with them to your put in and then pick up your car at Rock Island Lodge. That way you can return anytime you want. It's also safer that way. You know your car is waiting anytime.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2021, 7:04 am 

If you plan to leave a vehicle at any of the parking lots along the highway, like Katherine Cove, etc., be aware that they will often be over capacity, depending on when you arrive. This has never been an issue in the past, but is the new COVID reality. Driving through LSPP last summer on the way home from Quetico, it seemed like all of Canada was passing through there on a road trip. Gridlock in the parking lots and cars lining the highway shoulder. Early morning would be best.

www.mikemonaghan.ca

PostPosted: May 31st, 2021, 8:30 am 

canoeguitar wrote:
If you plan to leave a vehicle at any of the parking lots along the highway, like Katherine Cove, etc., be aware that they will often be over capacity, depending on when you arrive. This has never been an issue in the past, but is the new COVID reality. Driving through LSPP last summer on the way home from Quetico, it seemed like all of Canada was passing through there on a road trip. Gridlock in the parking lots and cars lining the highway shoulder. Early morning would be best.

That's why I like the way that NSA/RIL runs the shuttle. Nothing is left in any parking lot. You and gear are dropped off and your car is driven by the driver back to base.