It is currently October 20th, 2020, 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: September 6th, 2016, 11:03 am 

Hello tearknee: I damaged my Achilles tendon on my last winter trip and was unable to do a spring trip. I have been really busy and didn't have the time to check out myccr. The injury was minor and is healing well. I'll heading out for two trips shortly with no ports(I don't want to do ports until the injury is completely healed) I'll be heading out with my dad on Thursday for a six night trip on Lake Opeongo. After coming back for six nights I'll do a nine night solo trip on Lake Opeoongo. Thanks for the info on the sausages.

Take care,
Cousin Pete

"Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1908

PostPosted: September 6th, 2016, 12:55 pm 

tearknee wrote:
Thanks skookum! Gosh, it's nice to be "inspiring". How was your trip?!

It was great, thanks! We finally convinced someone to go with us so were able to have two boats, helpful this year as the kids (5 & 8) are bigger and we have a new dog we are trying to make into a canoe dog (funny, she hates the water which ends up making for a perfect canoe dog - the last thing she wants to do is tip!). Our route differed only slightly, we took the "backdoor route" up to Kettle falls to extend it just a bit, and Carafel Creek on the way back. Perfect weather, beautiful campsites, and our additional paddle partner (The German Girl) survived us, somehow. Thanks again for the route inspiration!