It is currently January 21st, 2021, 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 6:48 pm 

Hello CCR Community!

What a beautiful weekend – I hope you were able to get out and about to enjoy the sun. I just returned from a few nights camped along the Oxtongue River in Algonquin Park – fantastic trip! There are still many places with 3+ feet of snow in the bush – but many bare spots as well. It wont be long now that’s for sure!

Anyway – on the to point of this thread…

I’ve published a new trip report on TOURduPARK today.

This is an exhaustive report of a 16-day, 240km solo trip through the north end of Algonquin Park, including a couple night stop-over at the Highview Cabin. I began at the western park border, just above Tim Lake and made my way down the Nipissing and across a few lakes to Cedar Lake. At Cedar, I re-supplied from a food cache in Brent with the help of Jake. I continued north and west back across to Kawawaymog.

The best part of this trip was the end (the last 3 days). Around day 12 I wasn’t ready for the adventure to end yet, so I got a little ahead of schedule and instead of finishing the trip at access 1 (K-mog Lake) I decided to take a few nights and bushwhack my way through the historic canoe route. I took Mary Jane, Denis and Twenty-Seven Lakes to the South River, taking it the entire way back to the town of South River where I was picked up at the old train station. A superb adventure that’s for sure – I loved every second of the trip.

Oh – and there was a fire-ban during my 16-day adventure too – just to throw a little extra fun in the mix.

I hope you enjoy the read:

T20: TOURduPARK I (16-Day Solo)

Some preview images & full map of my route:
Attachment:
T20 TOURduPARK Full Map_800x403.jpg

Attachment:
Preview 1_800x577.jpg

Attachment:
Preview 2_800x568.jpg

I’ve also introduced a new way to navigate through the pages of a trip report – each page now includes a ‘Go to next day’ link as well as a link to each day of that report.

Attachment:
Preview 3_800x538.jpg

Happy Paddling!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.