It is currently August 13th, 2020, 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: July 17th, 2020, 6:09 am 

Hi everyone,

I've got another set of trip reports up. Last week, after the family trip to Burnt Island, I went up to Kiosk for another few days. It was a good trip, until it wasn't. Long story short, we got caught in the middle of Kiosk in a pretty tough thunder storm on our last day. Probably the most frightening experience I've had on a trip. Before that we’d say in some waterfalls, battled some bugs and seen a moose. Here’s the report.

https://allofalgonquin.com/2020/07/14/r ... ggar-lake/

PostPosted: July 17th, 2020, 6:42 am 

Oh, to be young again. I left this style of tripping long ago (7-8 years) and one knee replacement. Good for you. It brought back fond-ish memories. (Crazy old man now remembers last year's Attwood River trip in Wabakimi, but that was B/4 the knee replacement.)

PostPosted: July 18th, 2020, 9:06 pm 

Great story and you have an entertaining way with words. Kiosh. seems to have that way about it. You hear that train a-coming' (and I mean that literally, as the wind sounds like a freight train), and you know you gotta get undercover. The first time it happened I had a 3-year-old and a lightweight 13-year-old in a barge of a boat, and I still am so happy we made shore and hunkered down in the tall grass at the edge.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2020, 12:45 am 

Good story. Coming from the west coast, we travel on fjords, long lakes and coastal routes and don't portage. Bugs are rare, though wind isn't. I really felt for you on those portages and bugs!