It is currently August 14th, 2020, 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Temagami River
PostPosted: June 25th, 2020, 9:37 pm 

Here's a re-cut of a trip we did on a trip down the Temagami River back in November of 2016,

The Temagami River is well renowned for its concentration of novice to advanced white water paddling opportunities.Small canyons, waterfalls and towering pines make this a scenic run. This video gives you an overview of what to expect on the majority of the run-able rapids encountered on the river.

Our group paddled the lower section between Thistle Lake and River Valley. This portion of the river contains numerous class two to class 4 rapids (flow dependent) and can be run as day or weekend trip. Rough portages skirt some of the major sets of rapids and chutes, but most can be run by experts with the right water levels. The Temagami is controlled by dams, so water levels and flows may vary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn7C149appw

My Backcountry Website: www.explorethebackcountry.com

Post subject: Re: Temagami River
PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 6:49 pm 

Nice video! Is this the same trip as the Temagami River video posted a year or two ago? The one where you're testing out the Moisie?

Also, would we use the OPG gauge, red cedar lake, whose flow was 10M3/sec yesterday? Link below
What would be considered ideal flow?

https://www.opg.com/pdf_archive/River%2 ... gRiver.pdf

PostPosted: August 12th, 2020, 10:08 am 

Ah yes, same trip. Video got taken down so I recut and extended it as it provides a good overview of the rapids you'll encounter on this stretch. TBH, I'm not too sure about the gauge. I was in 2 weeks ago and levels were great - could check to see what it was reading then. Just went to Island Falls and back. Ran the first CIII this time by the cabin. Nasty little side curler after the drop sent us fort a refreshing swim :D

My Backcountry Website: www.explorethebackcountry.com

PostPosted: August 12th, 2020, 1:06 pm 

Awsome video as usual Brad! What is the upper section of the river like from Cross Lake to Red Cedar Lake? Can you portage all of the white water? Looking at a trip starting in Temagami and ending on Red Cedar Lake but we have zero white water experiance.