It is currently June 19th, 2021, 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: December 9th, 2020, 11:38 am 

Here is a (very) detailed narrative report of a week-long trip in Northeastern Temagami that my father and I did in August. In my typical fashion, it's long and heavy on thoughts and description -- a nice way to while away the winter covid hours and think about being back out on the water.

It was an amazing trip with incredible scenery -- highly recommended if you haven't done it.

https://www.canoedaddy.com/Temagami-Lad ... op-7-Days/

PostPosted: December 9th, 2020, 2:54 pm 

Excellent trip report, Canoe Daddy. I've enjoyed many trips over the years into those lakes. Each year, however, those waters are becoming busier. You mentioned the fee changes for the provincial park portion of your trip. As a solo paddler I particularly resent the Ford government's decision to implement a new fee structure in several of our parks, a structure that penalizes solo and duo trippers. I was surprised that you encountered park rangers who, in turn, saw fit to inspect your boat for safety gear and, presumably, ask about your permits.
Good photos! Wonderful father-and-son memories in the making. Thanks for sharing.