It is currently November 28th, 2020, 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: September 26th, 2016, 9:25 pm 

Hey folks -
Is there a company flying into the top of the Mistassibi? Thinking about revisiting, but willing to pay the $ to not have to do those portages in from Lac Froget again.

And, my perpetual question - can anyone name a river comparable to the Mist? Looking for 6-10 day run, south of 60, remote, lots of runnable ww (up to IVs) & few portages.

Thanks!
Christian

PostPosted: September 26th, 2016, 11:51 pm 

I looked into flying into Mistassini NE this summer- whoa $$$. The plane was flying from Dolbeau-Misstassini. I've chartered a few other places, and this seemed very high to me,
and was more than I was willing to pay.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 5:21 am 

When we did the river we had a shuttle to km 158, not really that far from Lac Froget. I think the cost was 800$, which is a bit steep compared to other shuttle we've had. The company was called Aventuraid e-mail info@aventuraid.qc.cq Pretty sure thy are still in business.

rab

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 8:32 am 

yes Aventuraid is still there, and the cost was $850 this summer. The float plane was going to be north of $2000.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 4:23 pm 

A similar trip may be the Du Chef to the Ashuapmushuan, although that may/may not take longer, and the Ashuapmushuan is not terribly remote. The Du Chef is fairly wild though. Nestaocano is a great river, but not 6-10 days (more). These are both in the same watershed as the Mistassibi (Lac St. Jean).

Dave

PostPosted: September 28th, 2016, 12:29 am 

Yeah, that seems awful pricey. Thought since it wasn't that far a flight it wouldn't be half that. Guess I'll suffer the drags through the ponds again - character building, right?
Will take a look a those suggestions, Skookum, thanks.