It is currently March 18th, 2024, 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: July 28th, 2021, 11:01 am 

The Canadian border guards are threatening to strike just before the proposed opening of the border. So this may all be for nought

In LV, you can drive to Baie Barker but you need 4x4. As far as I can tell the Circuit is not closed. All the shuttles at LV are booked solid and they have no shuttles available at all after Aug 22.

LRC, my research on the border crossings are that you need the negative PCR test before you cross and then you have to do another PCR test after you get into Canada. You can do it right at the border or later. But it looks like you can enter and the second test is based on your honor. You only have to quarantine if you test positive.

I believe I read that if you are vaccinated and test negative, you do not need a quarantine plan.

No matter what documentation you have, you cannot cross the border without putting everything into the ArriveCan app.

All the border crossing requirements are entered the app ArriveCan, and you submit your request and documents into the app three days ahead of crossing the border.

Once your vaccinations, tests, etc are entered into ArriveCan, any border can look at them to see.

Ontario and Quebec still have mask mandates and I hear that in Quebec they are seriously enforced.

Everything is subject to change, of course.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2021, 3:45 pm 
CCR Moderator & Assistant Administrator

littleredcanoe wrote:
I don't know the requirements that NL imposes on you.

On us, not much AFAIK. Probably nothing more than carrying proof of our double vax.

I'm still unable to hike in the Adirondacks! Soon though.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2021, 8:58 am 

ericalynne wrote:
The Canadian border guards are threatening to strike just before the proposed opening of the border. So this may all be for nought

LRC, my research on the border crossings are that you need the negative PCR test before you cross and then you have to do another PCR test after you get into Canada. You can do it right at the border or later. But it looks like you can enter and the second test is based on your honor. You only have to quarantine if you test positive.

I believe I read that if you are vaccinated and test negative, you do not need a quarantine plan.

No matter what documentation you have, you cannot cross the border without putting everything into the ArriveCan app.

All the border crossing requirements are entered the app ArriveCan, and you submit your request and documents into the app three days ahead of crossing the border.

Once your vaccinations, tests, etc are entered into ArriveCan, any border can look at them to see.

Ontario and Quebec still have mask mandates and I hear that in Quebec they are seriously enforced.

Everything is subject to change, of course.

Don't mean to hijack your thread at all. But the provinces all seem to have their own paperwork requirements aside from ON and QC. NL, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick have additional paperwork with varying timeframes and if I am reading NL does track you. Not surprising for provinces in the Atlantic Bubble which have had virtually no COVID.

Who knows what Delta will do.

I may find it easier to settle for QC!. We have been canoeing in Maine for a while about two km south of the border with QC.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2021, 4:38 pm 
CCR Moderator & Assistant Administrator

No problem for the thread deviation.
We will drive and ferry from Montreal to NL so we have to fill out 3 different on-line forms and will carry our vaccine paperwork and passports.

Back on-topic: here are some pics from our recent trip on C-37.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... 1ERkR0U25R

One evening we went for a sunset paddle and being a flutist I was making echos. I imitate loon calls and we had one come right up to the boat calling and diving, calling and diving, making big ker-plunky splashes. Later on, my wife made a video of me playing and other loons calling. Another evening from land I worked the echos again and loons started calling from 3 different sides. Also, various thrushes started singing. Was pretty cool.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2021, 7:58 pm 

I would love to hear the flute and the loons..They mock my hubby and believe me he is playing with cuss words when the loons assemble right after ice out and start a ruckus in the bay we live on. The flute would be nicer.

Anyway hoping that the requirements don't change and mess up everyone's plans.