It is currently July 18th, 2019, 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: November 9th, 2012, 6:10 am 

Wikipedia says that the landing is private property, that permission to use it is required.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Rossignol
Right?

A literal mind is a little mind. If it's not worth doing to excess, it's not worth doing at all. Good enough isn't.  None are so blind as those who choose not to see. (AJ)

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 7:35 am 

The point of land known as Low landing is private land there is a Cabin and a few campsites on it. My neighbours pick cranberries there every year and have no idea who owns it, it's probably like many abandon communities here and has multiple owners, I would advise asking before camping there if no one is available I would advise against camping.
There are a few campsites in the area that have been used by canoeists for generations that are on private land, ask if possible before camping if you decide to camp anyway and it seems common practise in remote areas treat the land with respect and be prepared to move on graciously if asked.
My map shows a large amount of crown land with a few pockets of private land around Low Landing a popular spot to camp has been near the bridge across the Mersey my map shows this as crown land with one small pocket of private land starting about 400metres from the bridge which maybe where a series of well used campsites are located. I've been meaning to get down there with the GPS and a few maps.
On a bright note I've just heard that the province plans to buy back 250,000 hectares of land in the area formerly owned by Mersey Bowater, hopefully the will be a lot more crown land available in the area for camping soon.

Last edited by Northernchinook on November 14th, 2012, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 5:07 pm 

Thanks!
I've included a link to this thread in the relevant Nova Scotia region (Southwest / South Shore), to be posted soon.
It's under Lake Rossignol.
Yours in paddling, Allan

A literal mind is a little mind. If it's not worth doing to excess, it's not worth doing at all. Good enough isn't.  None are so blind as those who choose not to see. (AJ)