It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: September 16th, 2021, 4:42 pm 
"David you said you would go. Were you lying? Please be honest to your word."
You are wrong. My actual post was "My most fervent wish is to be eradicated from myccr. I have grown to intensely dislike this site." Also, I did "go" once on my own, but with an implicit caveat that I would protect my interests. I am not dead, therefore I respond. An opportunist chose to revisit and rehabilitate the site to suit his own prejudices. At my expense. I chose to respond.

also the following post about blaming a dead man.

Allan Jacobs Post subject: Re: The journal of Moffatt-party participant Ed Lanouette PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:45 am
Such courage, to bully a dead man.
Conclusions.
1. All known sources state, implicitly, that there were no rapids of significance in the reach where Moffatt died.
2. In particular, Moffatt had good reason to trust JBT’s advice, for Tyrrell’s river descriptions had proven dependable previously and indicated benign conditions entering Marjorie Lake. [Pessl]
3. But J B Tyrrell’s advice failed Moffatt in the afternoon of 14 September 1955.

http://defence-arthurmoffatt.ca/2017/06 ... spondence/

published /2017/06/02/ by Alan Jacobs. Did he not know Tryyell was buried in 26 August 1957?

PostPosted: September 16th, 2021, 6:25 pm 
It was said: "David you said you would go. Were you lying? Please be honest to your word."

The Strawman Fallacy - Meaning And Examples Of Strawman ...
[Search domain harappa.education] https://harappa.education/harappa-diari ... n-fallacy/
The straw man fallacy is an argument that disturbs and twists the opposition's stance to make it convenient to rebut. Understand the meaning and examples of the straw man fallacy from Harappa and overcome verbal manipulations during professional arguments.

littleredcanoe Post subject: Re: Exact location of Moffatt's fatal rapid? Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:51 pm

David you said you would go. Were you lying? Please be honest to your word.

............................................................... WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID...................................................
david demello Post subject: Re: The journal of Moffatt-party participant Ed Lanouette Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Alan Jacobs: "But accusations of a dead man were made at CCR, and so I feel that responses to them should also be made here. "

I had a Servpro moment and reduced my footprint to as close to zero as possible in an effort to remove my influence. If Alan Jacob wishes to revisit my arguments/or his interpretations of my arguments then I will be there for clarification purposes. Let me start with a request for clarification from Alan Jacobs.

Just what does this statement mean: ""But accusations of a dead man were made at CCR..." ?? The Cambridge dictionary provides this "1. used to show possession, belonging, Since "dead men tell no tales", I am at a loss.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2021, 7:47 pm 

I guess you are still here on a site you hate. Me I have a life. I can ignore you.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2021, 1:01 pm 

Ahhh, the pointless arguing back and forth!
Does not contribute to this site.

There was also a George Luste party that went down the Dubawnt in 1969, one of the party is a friend of mine and if anyone wants, I can ask him what he remembers of that area!

When a new source of taxation is found it never means, in practice, that the old source is abandoned. It merely means that the politicians have two ways of milking the taxpayer where they had one before.
Mencken
You can never have too much education-me

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2021, 8:53 pm 

I also knew John Lentz who was on that Dubawnt trip with George, but sadly he passed a few years ago so I can't get any info from him. He was an accomplished canoeist and attended some WCA Symposia. A group of us had a dinner on the Danforth before the symposium with him and other good paddling friends once.
http://www.explorersclubdc.org/2015/06/john-lentz-fe63/
https://www.wcsymposium.com/content/201 ... hn-w-lentz

I also have his book:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/278 ... the-paddle

When a new source of taxation is found it never means, in practice, that the old source is abandoned. It merely means that the politicians have two ways of milking the taxpayer where they had one before.
Mencken

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2021, 2:51 pm 

Here is the info on the infamous "Moffat Rapid (it's the 4th rapid in my friend's journal) I received from my friend who was on that trip with 5 others, including John Lentz and George Luste:

From his email to me:
Hey Mel,

See p 51 of attached. But I'm not sure exactly. My notes imply that that Mark and John Lentz dumped upstream of "Moffatt Rapids". But Lentz, in an article in"North" claimed that this was Moffat Rapids' second attempt to kill a trip leader.

I think all relevant portages/drags/linings were on river left.

From his journal:
"At the 4th rapids we all lined and dragged over a 5 foot ledge, which we believe is the one that finished Moffat. We could see a smaller mid-stream ledge 100 feet from this one. According to the Sports Illustrated article, he took in water running over the first (which we bypassed near shore) and foundered completely in the big one. We agreed that the party must have been in bad shape to run this straight down the middle without scouting. But I still think I understand.
A final rapids was not listed on the map. The best way down was on the right, but George (Luste) and I ran on the left, scraping a bit but enjoying the maneuvering. This is the first rapids that was really fun for me. I just made up my mind to trust my judgement and to initiate moves rather than waiting for screams from the stern."

Mencken

PostPosted: November 24th, 2021, 4:01 pm 
Otter Mel
Quote:
Ahhh, the pointless arguing back and forth!
Does not contribute to this site.

I'll leave there.