It is currently May 20th, 2019, 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: June 26th, 2018, 5:51 pm 

Why not just go with another Mora? You can pick up one of the other models for around $50 or cheaper. If you want something chunkier a Condor Bushlore is a good option.
That Buck would be a horrible carver, I prefer smaller blades, less than 4" for my camp knives and have a few Helles along with a Roselli carpenter knife and a Marttini carver.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2018, 7:52 pm 

[quote="sepandee"} For the knife, was going to go with the Buck 119, but read a lot of negative reviews saying it's not sharp or needs sharpening, and that people broke theirs while battoning. I'm guessing they don't know how to baton, but I also presume you're satisfied with yours? Canadian Tire has it at around $50, so it's pretty easy to get and relatively cheap.[/quote]

Truth be told, the Buck 119 is a sleep aid in my bear taco. My working knife is a folding Shrade Uncle Henry that I've had for >45 years.

The new Shrades are made in China and not the same knife. Many current Buck's are made in China too. Can't speak directly to the newer 119's, but maybe that explains the lack of holding an edge, and/or broken blades on battoning.