It is currently October 17th, 2019, 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: January 19th, 2019, 1:42 pm 

Does anyone have any experience with the Level Six Nahanni Canoe Jacket??

Thanks all!

Ubique

PostPosted: January 25th, 2019, 9:21 am 

Surprised that you hadn't gotten a response yet. I've had the LevelSix Chilko Touring Top (as seen in my profile pick) for a couple of season now. I like it. I find the seal at the wrists are important in a paddle jacket for staying drying as I don't appreciate it when the water runs down your arm as you raise your paddle. I review the Jacket online. Looks great for canoeing.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2019, 4:54 pm 

I was impressed with the comfort of a different Level Six paddling top I used on a trip this summer but that doesn’t give you any specific insight on the one you are looking at.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2019, 9:58 am 

Yes, I'm surprised at the dearth of comments too, although the jacket is quite new on the market.

There are very few actual user reviews about this jacket to be found online so far.

The Level Six website page for this new item lists that it won an award for "Coolest Gear of the Show" under the Apparel category at the 2018 Paddleexpo in Germany last year, but I've not been able to find anything online about that Paddleexpo itself (other than dates), let alone anything about that award or the product.

Also, Level Six refers to the jacket being made with their "award winning" eXhaust 2.5 ultra-light waterproof-breathable nylon fabric, but I've been unable to find anything about what award that might be, and why it was awarded. Hmmmnnnnn.........

This fabric is described by Level Six as lighter and more packable than that used in its previous paddle tops, and I'm curious about its durability and breathability.

Hopefully someone can chime in about it from personal experience, prior to next spring, to assist me in making an informed decision about buying one or not. Good things come to those who wait; sometimes.

Ubique