It is currently November 20th, 2019, 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: October 8th, 2019, 10:05 am 

I am looking for feedback or issues you've had with ordering, paying and receiving items from Joe O'Paddles. For example, paying in advance and not receiving the ordered item, and untimely responses or no responses at all from Joe.

I am currently having this issue (going on 10 months with no paddle, no apology and no resolution being offered, and now no response for the last 8 weeks). I've found reports of similar issues on a kayaking forum. http://www.kayakforum.com/cgi-bin/Build ... les-legit/

Any advice on how to get a hold of Joe? He is active on Facebook, Twitter and Kijiji but does not follow up with me via our established e-mail communication or when I reach out via his other social media accounts.

Thank you in advance,

N

Last edited by N Man on October 15th, 2019, 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2019, 6:19 am 

Paid 150.00 for a paddle about three years ago. I have given up ever receiving it.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2019, 8:35 am 

Update: We are back in contact after I've tried to contact Joe multiple ways without success. I was able to contact Joe through his listings for greenland paddles on Kijiji. The issue was reportedly related to e-mails not going through however we were both e-mailing from Gmail accounts. There is no shipping receipt or tracking number for the paddle which was reportedly shipped by someone other than Joe in July 2019. I confirmed that FedEx has no record of a shipment to my address and Canada Post cannot look up shipments without a tracking number.

A solution is now offered; a paddle is being made and will be shipped and a tracking number provided this time.

I would recommend requiring a tracking number and confirmation of shipment, and obtaining other e-mail addresses or phone number to contact Joe before ordering/paying. Issues with shipping confirmation and communication appear to have occurred. I will post again when this is ultimately resolved.

PostPosted: October 11th, 2019, 6:20 am 

Sent you a PM.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2019, 6:09 am 

I have ordered an received 2 Joe O paddles this year. No problems, delivered to my front door in a reasonable time frame. Very nice paddles. I beleive I have only communicated with him through Facebook. Usually Facebook messenger.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2019, 9:55 pm 

Could I respectfully request this thread be deleted? Joe is a good man, and a craftsman trying to earn a living. He deserves better treatment then being dragged through the mud on an internet forum, by N Man (in his/her first two posts).

PostPosted: October 13th, 2019, 10:06 pm 

...says the guy with three posts. Heh.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2019, 8:48 am 

Consumers need to know the risks when purchasing stuff. My experience has not been positive, in fact, I am out 150 bucks with no product after three years. We should all be able to know if N Man receives some satisfaction, and he has hardly been dragging Joe through the mud, no name calling, just a polite question seeking answers. Joe, I'm pretty sure you have been alerted to this thread, and are probably following it, if not actually contributing to it. I don't want a paddle now, but I would gladly take my 150 bucks back.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2019, 10:31 am 

To me this does not constitute being dragged through the mud. The original poster had a great deal of patience waiting 10 months before posting this. And the post was not mud slinging at all - as were the other posts in the thread also not.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2019, 3:59 pm 

In the tech-savvy world of "buyer beware" it'd be nice if potential buyers could be made aware, and so I appreciate this thread, and in addition thanks NMan and R Haslam for keeping it informative and civil.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2019, 7:56 pm 

I've had complaints about Joe on a Facebook group I'm the Admin for as well.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2019, 9:16 am 

Final update: the seller could not find a shipping receipt for the original, reported shipment and therefore the seller prepared a paddle in October 2019 and shipped it, and provided a tracking number. I also requested a signature for delivery. I received the paddle and was happy that I had confirmation of shipment and a tracking number this time.

I recommend asking for a tracking number, contact info (phone number) in the event e-mail communication fails and requiring a signature for delivery. This protects the seller and buyer. We are talking materials, time and not an insignificant amount of money when it comes to a hand-crafted laminated two-piece greenland paddle.

I look forward to trying it out...

PostPosted: October 24th, 2019, 4:32 pm 

Glad it was finally resolved for you!