It is currently June 16th, 2019, 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jeff McMurtrie resigning
PostPosted: November 19th, 2016, 10:59 pm 

This was posted yesterday on the Jeff'sMap Facebook page:
Quote:
Hey Everyone,
I’ve got some sad news to share with you all.
I’ve recently had to make the very difficult decision to leave Jeff’s Map, effective today.
I wanted to genuinely thank every single one of you from the bottom of my heart. I truly appreciate all the support you’ve shown me over the years. I really, really appreciate it!
Jeff’s Map will continue to exist after my resignation. If you have any inquiries going forward, my business partner, Eric, will be the one operating the company. You can contact him at eric@jeffsmap.com
Although this chapter of my life may be ending, camping will always be a part of my life. Perhaps I’ll still be able to meet some of you out there :)
Clear skies and calm waters, everyone!
-Jeff

I have no idea what this means for of future updates, product availability, etc. The web page for each map currently has a message saying "Unfortunately our maps are temporarily unavailable for purchase." Not sure if anyone else knows anything?

Last edited by Dan M on November 22nd, 2016, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Jeff resigning
PostPosted: November 20th, 2016, 6:45 pm 

I have no new info to add, but as I don't Facebook, I'd like to thank Jeff here on this forum for all the hard work he has put into the outstanding and valuable resource he has created.

Kudos on the maps Jeff, and best wishes as you begin a new chapter.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 6:19 am 

It is Jeff's story to share, but the short version is that it is not a personal or health issue.

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 8:19 am 

That's good to know. I'm sure all here wish him all the best and thank him again for those wonderful maps. :clap:

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 8:27 am 

Watersong wrote:
It is Jeff's story to share, but the short version is that it is not a personal or health issue.

Yeah that's what he told me... "business dispute". Said I could share with this forum. I don't know further details.

He said he's happy to field questions from memory but won't have access to his notes.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 7:51 pm 
CCR Assistant Administrator

I've moved this thread to the "Maps, Navigation, Communication and GPS" forum and added Jeff's last name, just to make sure it's clear who and what is the thread topic.

Barbara

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 7:57 pm 

OK. I had posted it in the Ontario discussion & resources subforum because since all his maps are Ontario areas (other than the Jeff's Topos thing) I figured it would be Ontario route planners who'd want to know... and actually I wasn't familiar with this subforum. But fair enough. I've edited the spelling of the last name.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2016, 8:45 am 

So will his maps become sought after collectors items now? A little disappointed that I cut mine up to reduce weight on a hiking trip a few years back.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2016, 8:59 am 

Well if you want to replace it I'm sure you can do so from a store that carries them, at least for now. Your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen vis a vis online sales, they're down now but the company still exists and presumably has stock and may choose to continue printing/shipping.

I did download the full jpegs of each map so that I'll have access to the electronic versions whatever happens to the website.