It is currently March 18th, 2024, 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2002, 8:53 pm 

Gooday Mike, sure there's room for you and the dogs and Bill, Georgi and say is the silent one coming Georgi? or anyone who might be up for the Tue - Sunday trip. Have started on an 8 x 12 hybrid prospector tent, just knew that old nylon car camping tent would be useful someday. I figure the tent will be in the 15 - 20 lb range when all is said and done and should sleep 4 maybe 5.
Dave we're talking the same tent, I was just curious as to how much canvas was used in your tent and your answer is about what I figured would be the minimum for around a stove setup. I was looking at your website picture and was curious as to clearances to the tent materials in your setup, hard to tell from the picture.

Sid

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2002, 9:27 pm 

Smokey, I can't confirm nor deny his coming as of yet.

He's off fighting smoke battles with his Multi-Survivor-Server skills and can't yet say anything for sure.

It's most likely, for pete's sake his wife even bought him snowshoes! It's just too soon to say...

I do have to bring forward a matter of octave ( deep tones) I do snore like you grunt Moose in mating season. :grin:

Thank heaven's the Bear are sleeping; I'm sure I have called a few into our campsite during the Spring and Fall.

I'll let you know as soon as I know.

If I can borrow some warmth or for drying and whatnot at least..?

Georgi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Georgi on 2002-11-11 21:29 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2002, 10:34 pm 

Georgi, should be interesting since I've been known to log a few acres at nite. Stereo for the lads!

Thats the reason for an 8 x 12, should fit the early bunch, also why I was curious about the Cyber Warrior. Mike's talking about making a tent too so we'd be loads o' room then. Will have to email him with my experiences in tent building. (Helps to have my better half who can explain things fabric to me!) Warm we'll be, now if those fisheries techs would just get back to me about lakes and fish, guess I'll give em a call this week.

Sid

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2002, 7:44 am 

Okay then, it's settled!

Well sort of....

You will have to take a few pictures and maybe even get a description of your tent events off to Richard, so he can make a link in the home gear section...

And by the way!

This thread has now topped the Top 10 on CCR!

Not even Bear can stand up to winter camping.

Georgi

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2002, 11:53 am 
I'm starting to put together my equipment list for this trip. It is certainly different than anything I have done before (at least on in one trip), and in the exact opposite direction of my quest for lightweight trekking.

The first place I have become stuck on is basic creature comfort; what do you recommend for sitting upon? I'm considering my old hunting and fishing standby, a five gallon plastic pail.

I still can't quite imagine what it is like trying to do any basic camp stuff in deep snow so I'm sure this is the first of many inquiries for advice.

Thanks,
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2002, 11:54 am 

The above was from me, don't know why it came up anonymous.

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2002, 2:39 pm 

Quote:
On 2002-11-12 07:44, Georgi wrote:
And by the way!
This thread has now topped the Top 10 on CCR!

And with that, it's time to move this thing to a private forum. I'll lock of this thread before it grows to 100 pages.

I've made a private planning forum (look down at the bottom of the page). I've added the people who seem definite on attending to the permission list already, so check that you can get access before emailing me.

If I've forgotten anyone, my apologies. Just let me know and I'll add you to the permission list.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2002-11-12 14:39 ]</font>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9