It is currently October 23rd, 2020, 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 6:44 am 

Watersong wrote:
Mike...You're not that "Timbergiantbigfoot" guy, are you?

No Dave, I'm not TJBF. I'm very well aware of Jim though and I actually know of his area. I did research, figured out his whereabouts and his location. I've been out to check it once. I was hoping to get out there again before it got too late in the year. It's a bit of a drive for me.

Most think he's nuts but I'm not apt to closing the door on him so quickly. I know from experience that the areas he's frequenting may very well be producing activity.
I wouldn't go about it like he does with the utube channel but that's his choice.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 6:54 am 

mich wrote:
common get serious.they find skeleton of animal who live thousand of years ago and they would not find nothing from an animal that big still living complete non sense.

It's far from complete nonsense. I can go on and on about documented sightings from reliable sources. Sightings documented for several hundred years.
Footprints with dermal ridges, tree branch twists, vocalizations etc.
The evidence piles up year after year but yes, no body. That doesn't mean a thing.
They've proven Gigantopithecus existed through only a few fragments of mandible and teeth. That was a 10ft. ape that roamed Asia.
Sharks, Crocs are 200 and 400 million years old. It's entirely feasible.
Here's a link to a BFRO webpage that will answer your skeleton statement.
http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=409

With this being a canoe route website, I wouldn't be surprised if there's others on here that may have experienced activity and they didn't even know it.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 8:15 am 

Then there's the semi-intelligible grunts coming from the mayor's office in TO. What about that, eh? :doh:

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 8:54 am 

mike67 wrote:
I think that answers your question

Yes it does. I hope your search brings you joy.

Kinguq.

PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 7:06 pm 

wotrock wrote:
Then there's the semi-intelligible grunts coming from the mayor's office in TO. What about that, eh? :doh:

Ha! :thumbup:

PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 7:13 pm 

kinguq wrote:
mike67 wrote:
I think that answers your question

Yes it does. I hope your search brings you joy.

Kinguq.

Thanks. So far it's an adventure like no other. I'm ecstatic. :D

PostPosted: November 8th, 2011, 2:24 pm 

There is no history of sasquatch ever being hunted. Why then does every last one of them scrupulously avoid contact?

Great thread... sorry for being skeptical.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2011, 7:32 am 

jbishop2112 wrote:
There is no history of sasquatch ever being hunted. Why then does every last one of them scrupulously avoid contact?

Being skeptical is only natural when dealing with this enigma.

I can only say doesn't most wildlife avoid humans?
In all the years I've spent photographing wildlife, I've never seen a wolf.
They avoid us like the plague.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2011, 11:41 am 

mike67 wrote:
jbishop2112 wrote:

Not totally true...there are areas where wolf sightings are quite common. They can become "habituated" to human presence ( as most wild animals will....dump bears, etc). In Sasquatch, you are discussing a case where this appears not to happen....

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956

PostPosted: November 10th, 2011, 11:21 am 

While you may not have personally seen a wolf, I'm guessing that many on this forum have, some frequently.

Another angle: if sasquatch is more or less a form of wild ape, how come it is so much more successful than the African apes, which are easily hunted.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2011, 5:23 pm 

Watersong wrote:
mike67 wrote:
jbishop2112 wrote:

Not totally true...there are areas where wolf sightings are quite common. They can become "habituated" to human presence ( as most wild animals will....dump bears, etc). In Sasquatch, you are discussing a case where this appears not to happen....

Very true.
Also two completely different species. One definitely does not act like the other.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2011, 5:43 pm 

jbishop2112 wrote:
While you may not have personally seen a wolf, I'm guessing that many on this forum have, some frequently.

Another angle: if sasquatch is more or less a form of wild ape, how come it is so much more successful than the African apes, which are easily hunted.

I would think many have seen a wolf especially this being a canoe route site!
I wasn't implying that people never see them, only that they're very elusive.

The voice I heard had a human tone to it yet it was all animal. Huge voice. Fills the forest around you.
This is not your regular african ape. It's something vey different.

I really don't know definitive answers. Most are educated guesses from personal experiences. I've spent the last 3 years pursuing the ultimate photo challenge understanding exactly what I experienced that first time.
It's a pretentious claim but it is what it is.
The tens of thousands of others as well as the ones who didn't report it, understand. It's one of those you had to be there :D

PostPosted: November 10th, 2011, 6:51 pm 

mike67 wrote:
Watersong wrote:
Mike...You're not that "Timbergiantbigfoot" guy, are you?

No Dave, I'm not TJBF. I'm very well aware of Jim though and I actually know of his area. I did research, figured out his whereabouts and his location. I've been out to check it once. I was hoping to get out there again before it got too late in the year. It's a bit of a drive for me.

Most think he's nuts but I'm not apt to closing the door on him so quickly. I know from experience that the areas he's frequenting may very well be producing activity.
I wouldn't go about it like he does with the utube channel but that's his choice.

If there were sasquatch in the Dundas Valley my hound dog would've sniffed him out by now. :lol:

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 9:05 am 

CLofchik wrote:
If there were sasquatch in the Dundas Valley my hound dog would've sniffed him out by now. :lol:

And if he does you an yell out to him"What's that sasquatch you on"? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 11:50 am 

It's completely understandable that it might seem like a big joke but I can assure you guys, you couldn't be further from the truth.

The way the media portrays the subject along with the lack of knowledge and understanding that the vast majority have, it's no wonder it's a joke.

Those who learn the truth feel a personal satisfaction that can't be touched by
ridicule and laughter.

If anyone has experienced strange activity while camping or cottaging, be it vocalizations, tree shaking, limb breaks, pets acting abnormal about something in the woods, rotting garbage/carrion/wet dog smells that they can't explain, possible footprints or even a possible sighting, etc..
I'd love to hear about it. Any info would be strictly confidential.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next