It is currently October 15th, 2019, 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 4:40 pm 

Where was this kind of stuff last winter.....
You probably don't need the link since it has been on all sorts of media.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/20 ... woman.html

:o :o :o 90 k really??????

I call bull $#@ on the alleged New York Photographer getting 90 k from a picture of a picture.
But there is no way he could have predicted the amount of free PR he has gotten and all the poor saps that are buying up his other stuff now as an investment.
I wonder how long it will take him to run off ahead of the lawsuits.
Any photographer knows they must have a release from the model/person that is identifiable.
Besides the future missing alleged photographer I predict a bankrupt gallery..... because they would have collected the "money" to get "their share" I smell a scam.

I was surprised today after posting this on how quick the get rich quick crowd has been spurned into acton. Sitting there having my afternoon coffee when 2 ladies (late teens early 20's)came by and started to take pics for their version of the $90 k pic.... Really???? REALLY?......... :roll: :roll:

So for a special once in a lifetime offer a special artistically created photo of..... me... titled "Dirty Old man almost retired" Bidding starts at a mere 25k, (but I will take the first offer of 10k cash)... :rofl:

:thumbup:

I am speechless over the whole thing.
Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2015, 2:49 pm 

Seems to me that the original creator holds copyright. Those who subsequently modify the work may have a valid claim of copyright on their modifications, but the original work still belongs to the creator - except maybe in court.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2015, 4:28 pm 

I am a little disappointed at the lack of offers coming in on my wonderful, artistic print..... 8)

But I am waiting for when this is ahhhh "exposed" :thumbup:
(film and slide guys will get that... :roll: )

Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho