It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: January 31st, 2021, 11:33 am 

It is a deal at $28 USD, for the bundle package (good for 14 days, watch as many times as you want), and no travelling into a blizzard to get to the theatre to see it! We have started with the Amber/Onyx package (121 min + 2 hrs) and plan to sign-up to get the new release Ruby/Saphire coming out on Feb. 4.
https://wildrock.net/pages/banff-mountain-film-festival

Our fav's so far(still have another hour to g0) are in no particulate order: Running the Roof of the World, Far Far Est, Return to El Guayas (WW Kayaking), Climbing Blind( wow!) The 20yr old in the house rushed us through the through supper last night to get 'ater and start watching.

We chose to go through Wild Rock and make a donation to an optional donation to the Peterborough Shelter program since we were not paying the normal cost of $28 CAD+tax p.p., and the whole family is watching it with the laptop hooked up to the TV for that price.

Warning: if you have little ones,be away the the F-word is used more than once in some of the films.

Watching? Tell me your fav.'s and why?

PostPosted: February 1st, 2021, 9:50 am 

We buy tickets every year so were given access codes due to cancellations. They were and always are so amazing. I will never get to see that vast majority of the Earth or do an iota of the death defying feats that are featured and that is why I love it. Very motivating to even get outside and make an epic adventure of your own, on whatever terms you feel epic lol. I always love the ones about animals and geography/culture the most. I cant remember if it was this or last year but I learned so much about the Ganges.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2021, 10:29 am 

Running the Roof (Kyrgyzstan), Voice Above the Water (Indonesia), mountain biking through Butan, fishing Rivers in Alaska... it is all like an amazing holiday. Some of the films have such an impact! 17-20 years ago there was the film about smuggling children over the mountains in Tibet, the man that fished using ducks and how his way of life was lost due to the Yangzte dam. We took our kids since they were babes in arms and the younger (now 20) can't get away from the table fast enough this weekend to turn the films on. I feel that these films have opened all our eyes, taken us places we will never go, shown us issues we were not aware of, ways to have fun we had not thought of and made us laugh! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj0CmnxuTaQ