It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Try to buy local?
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2021, 10:22 am 

I am struggling to find some of the gear that I am looking for this year. I know what I want, just can't find it. In my search, I am finding that the number of in-person outdoor retailers seems to be down. No surprise there... I just wanted to update folks that Sojourns in Barrie (north of the GTA for those of you who are not local), has started to update their live inventory online. They did not have this option before. You still have to stop in or call if you are looking for something in particular, but the move to online is good. Some of the items of unique, and I found a few new things I had not seen before. Good on them for finding such products! I do not know who has taken over with the passing of Sheri (the store was started by Mike and Sheri, and both have passed of cancer), who are dearly missed, but whoever the new owners are, they are off to a good start at keeping the business alive!

Post subject: Re: Try to buy local?
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2021, 2:04 pm 

My wife and I have been there many times and always pleased with their products and service. I hope they survive and prosper post-pandemic.

Old canoeists never die---they just smell that way.