It is currently August 14th, 2020, 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nova Craft Prospector 16
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 9:35 pm 

I'm guessing this design has been discussed here before and I'm hoping someone with a touch more computer savy than I can help point me to a link on the design. I have an opportunity to purchase one.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Nova Craft Prospector
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 10:14 pm 

OK I will bite. Search Prospector and get ready to for weeks and weeks and weeks!!

cedarboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 10:48 pm 

:lol: Thanks but I was hoping to narrow it down to Nova Craft's version and although I seem to remember it being mentioned here I haven't been able to pin it down as to where exactly.

Appreciate the suggestion though......... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 11:21 pm 

http://www.novacraft.com/prospector16.htm -- here are the basic specs which I am sure you will have already looked at but I thought I would post just in case.

What exactly is it that you want to know about it? We've paddled the Nova Craft Prospector and found it to be a fairly responsive canoe.

You know the CCR Search function works really well... and it isn't exactly difficult? Were you just being lazy? :wink:

http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?t=9127

http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/view ... hp?t=12930

http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?t=3416

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 11:45 pm 

Thanks WC. I tried the search function looking specifically for the NC Prospector but I'd be a LOT older by the time I waded through the results I got back, the links you posted helped narrow it down and may have what I'm looking for.

Been following Rolf's thread on the NC Pal and just doing some research before dropping that much cash on a new boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 11:54 pm 

Komatiq wrote:
Thanks WC. I tried the search function looking specifically for the NC Prospector but I'd be a LOT older by the time I waded through the results I got back, the links you posted helped narrow it down and may have what I'm looking for.

Been following Rolf's thread on the NC Pal and just doing some research before dropping that much cash on a new boat.

You're welcome - a little hint when searching using the forum's search function - be sure to have it set to "Search for all terms". That narrows down a lot. It gave me a mere page of links using "Nova Craft Prospector Design". If you don't set the search for all terms bit you get hundreds of links.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 8:20 am 

Thats my boat.... I have posted about it a bunch of times..... What do you want to know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 9:42 am 

Hi Dan, thanks for the offer of some input, I caught a few of your comments while searching through older threads last night.

I wanted to know how close NC's version was to the original intent of the Prospector design and found that it is really close, great choice for white water wilderness tripping with the ability to carry LOTS of gear.

I was looking for a second boat for a slightly different usage so have decided to look into the NC Pal instead and keep the Clipper Prospector I have for any big water trips that may be in my future. The Pal will probably get a lot more use from the Mrs & I for most of the conditions she would be comfortable with at this point.

The BC dealer for NC has a Prospector kev/spec, wood trim in stock and sent pic's when I inquired about a Pal in case I might be interested but I think waiting for a Pal would be my best bet for what I'm after.

Thanks again.