It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: January 31st, 2018, 9:38 pm 

Peter K. wrote:
Based on my own experience with a solo boat that is not been babied, I would think that any boat with the outer layer made of Innegra would handle most hits. I put a fist sized dent in my boat dropping over a 3' ledge onto a rock and it just popped back in when heated that evening at home. Another light material which has been used for whitewater boats in Twintex and other proprietary names for a weave of polypropylene and fiberglass. It is pretty robust -- about the same as Innegra in my experience, but due tot he poly cannot be glued except at a very high cost and boats often get sent back to the factory to be repaired. It's a PITA. I'll never own another Twintex boat.

I dont want to start a Twintex rant, but since you brought it up.. what crap that was. What a waste of money!
Esquif Mistral, biggest mistake ever. Terrible material. After their customer service, I will never recommend that company.

daypaddler wrote:
I recommend that you call Swift and talk about your options. I have two carbon/Kevlar Bells that you can beat on all day long...bumping around in class one or two with some bumpy drops. Hit a hidden stump in one at full cruise speed at came to dead stop. No problem. I'm not sure why the Swift description makes their carbon lay-up sound delicate. It even has a gelcoat...plus carbon, Kevlar, and a core. Hmmm.

I've got two Swift solos in Kevlar fusion. I am not shy about where I take them or how I use them. You can bump around in them. I have never banged or bashed around with them in any big water. I like the lay-up. I used to have an older lightweight Kevlar Swift that was not strong enough for my taste. Also had an expedition Kevlar Osprey and loved how strong it felt.

I'd like to try a Kee17. I suggest you target the expedition Kevlar for total peace of mind and make sure you get the carbon trim, and I think their optional carbon tech package will take even more weight out of it.

Thats what Im going to do. If after that convo if I dont feel the carbon layup is for me, I will go for the KevFu. No doubt the carbon T packages.. have you seen the new 2018 colors for the seats and thwart....oooooooooo baby!!

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeOipZKeERw&t=5m20s [/youtube]

PostPosted: February 4th, 2018, 9:23 pm 

Have you looked at H2O Canoes for Innegra Basalt boats?
They are really light.
Nothing added that isn't needed.
Happy Paddling.