It is currently October 22nd, 2020, 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Arctic Inspired book
PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 9:41 pm 

Hey folks,

I know there are a lot of readers on the board and figured this may be of interest. Can't remember how I came across it, I believe it was just after reading Grady's 'The Great Lakes' book that may have come up in discussion here (also recommended by me if you're interested in ecology, though not exclusively).

the book i mention now is about the arctic tundra, and is called 'Arctic Inspired'. when i first stumbled upon it, i didn't get a clear idea of what the book would actually contain upon completion. i fired off an email to the organizer of this not-for-profit project and received the following response:

At long last the book is ready and we are ready to submit an order to our printer! It is a beautifully designed 114 page soft cover book with full colour photographs and a DVD, representing fantastic photos, writing and film from twenty eight individual contributors. All of the material was inspired by self-propelled travels across the tundra of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, including work from experienced arctic travellers and from arctic neophytes alike

website with more informationed:
http://arcticinspired.org

about the project itself:
http://arcticinspired.org/the-project/

FYI the cost of the book with shipping in Canada is ~$32.