It is currently October 19th, 2019, 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 9:13 pm 

alright yèall beat me to it.

Go ahead and delete my other thread.....

I almost pissed myself laughing at this when I saw it.

I knew exactly where those clips came from.... We better watch out or this thread might end up on TV too....

PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 10:23 pm 
CCR Assistant Administrator

I merged Dan.'s other thread with this one, so the chronology of the posts are a bit off-kilter. Sorry about that. :oops:

Hey, this "quick reply" thing works great. :clap:

PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 10:29 pm 

What happened to BK? Seems his delete finger might be tired... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Meanwhile Marc has a bevy of beauties waiting to serve him tea in his Tab trailer!

Life ain't fair!

PostPosted: June 18th, 2011, 6:58 pm 

Colbert also sponsored a mascot for the Saginaw Spirit in the Ontario Hockey League (Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle). He vowed to wear the rival team's jersey (the Oshawa Generals) if they lost in the final, but he had good fortune on his side on this one. The losing wager, Oshawa now hosts Steven Colbert Day on Oshawa's birthday (March 20th).

He appears to have a lot of fun with this stuff, and he raised over $300,000 for the US Olympic speed skating team. 435 members of Congress have certainly been the subject of much embarrassing satire in one of my favorite series, "Better Know a District." I can see the many possibilities … sponsor a boat this summer decked out in patriotic splendor, take a drubbing in the practice pool, or join a voyageur brigade (and learn something of the early foundations of the country).

Something to keep in mind … he's absolutely terrified of Grizzly Bears. Certainly seems like we (or a Freestyle performance by a very talented Bear from the northern woods) should easily have the upper hand :D

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 12:02 pm 

littleredcanoe wrote:
It will take several years of eight hour a day practice for you to get on the Colbert Report.

See that, Dan? Only 7 7/8 more hours of FS practice a day for the next 20 years and you can go rent that tux. Git spinnin'.

Really, with all that practice, can't Marc just walk on the water by now?

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 2:26 pm 

Battenkiller wrote:

No, but Karen Knight can! :lol: :thumbup:

PK

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 4:18 pm 

pknoerr wrote:
Battenkiller wrote:

No, but Karen Knight can! :lol: :thumbup:

PK

PK, I finally got to see her at long last because of YouTube. She don't just walk on water, she dances on it. 8 1/2 hours practice a day at least, it looks like. :P

I'd love to see that sexy duet routine she does with Bob, that is supposed to be awesome. H-mmm... think I'll go look for it now.

Hey... I wonder if Colbert knows about Ms. Knight? I should let him know when I serve him his papers. :lol:

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 4:42 pm 

OK.. nothing with them both, but here she is playing on the water, no fancy costume, no superfluous gestures, just letting the boat do the talking (sound track added later).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMyTTjKV-1U

Nice Quimby paddle, too, I love those things.

Another elegant routine, this time a demo to music, but still, very straightforward and powerful movements. She must have let in 20 gallons of water on those controlled leaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQWt7jD57X4

This one's hard to see because it's night, but I threw it in anyway. The effect of the spotlight on the spinning canoe is mesmerizing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCJaOJs_ ... re=related

Finally, here's an interview with her, where she points out some of the common ground between the different paddling disciplines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LInBPu3X ... re=related

So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I think she gives ol' Marc a run for the money. Definitely "Colbert-worthy". :wink:

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 6:00 pm 

so what about free styling on moving water...
like a big slow eddy with a zippy side current to launch some new moves,
kind of like half-tube in the wet

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 7:45 pm 

Kingfisher, I do freestyle on the river all the time... even on whitewater, even reverse maneuvers. It's great fun to take a 13 foot solo up an eddy current backwards into 2 foot standing waves into the main current at a constriction in the river on a reverse axle.

BK, I've seen Karen and Bob drop that sexy tandem routine on the pondtwice. It's drop dead gorgeous even in a cheap polyethylene Bell canoe made for Galyens. I have stills, but no video... sorry.

PK

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 5:02 pm 

So far I haven't gotten so much as a paddle sale, traceable to the show. No requests for personal appearances. Not even an invitation to appear on America's Got Talent.

I did enjoy a good laugh watchmaking the program and got a host of emails from friends and acquaintances long forgotten. One good friend threw a small party in celebration of my new found "fame". We all need to laugh at ourselves now and then. This was a good excuse.

With luck, a few folks may show an interest in FreeStyle as a result, and if so, count that as a win. Attendance at AFS and MFS will be indicators. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I wish littleredcanoe wouldn't blow my cover, revealing where I planned to camp. My security detail had a fit and now I'll have to find new digs for the tour bus.

Marc

PostPosted: June 25th, 2011, 6:57 am 

mornstein wrote:
With luck, a few folks may show an interest in FreeStyle as a result, and if so, count that as a win. Attendance at AFS and MFS will be indicators. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I wish littleredcanoe wouldn't blow my cover, revealing where I planned to camp. My security detail had a fit and now I'll have to find new digs for the tour bus.

Marc

Stardom comes at a price. That's what you get paid the big bucks for..