It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: January 1st, 2021, 1:01 pm 
CCR Site Administrator

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to everyone,

This is finally to announce that marscanoe has decided to retire, and I am assuming primary responsibilities for the operation of myccr.com
All future inquiries to admin@myccr.com will come to myself. It has taken a few months to sort out the correct permissions, but going forward from today, I am now performing all of the regular duties in maintenance of this website. I have spent the past two years improving wildernesscanoe.ca

If you are not already, you should be aware that myccr.com is a for-profit corporation owned and operated by the 100% shareholder; the Wilderness Canoe Association. And, the WCA itself is a charitable not-for-profit.
Recently there was a board meeting and myccr.com published its books. The website remains a profitable enterprise that is operated primarily for the benefit of its users; you.

There will not be any immediate or dramatic changes affecting the forums. However, there are some priorities;
The mailing address and contact information will be updated. - Done.
Issues of Nastawgan and the index of articles will be updated. - Done.
It is planned to review and perhaps delete the entire Gear section as it is no longer relevant.
The future of the Gallery section is also uncertain as it is no longer relevant.
I plan to establish a means of collecting feedback and suggestions for improvement.
There will definitely be a campaign to make cosmetic improvements to the home page in particular.
I am hoping to re-stablish a means of embedding YouTube videos, and will investigate adding relevant videos to the Routes database.

The forums are currently attracting at least one new user per day, so please extend a warm welcome to all of our new friends! As you know, the forums are for the most part completely unregulated, and still manage to maintain discipline. I do not read them very often personally, however, there are a few spies and many loyal old-timers. We can only remind everyone to please try to keep things respectful, as it has been now for many years.

Otherwise, everything done here is by a very small group of kind-hearted volunteers who wish you all the best for future travels in Canada's bountiful wilderness. It is thanks to you that we are so lucky to share these wonderful experiences together.

Matthew Eberly