It is currently September 24th, 2020, 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: April 16th, 2002, 7:00 pm
Posts: 1488
Location: Ontario, Canada
It would be amazing if some real evidence was found that proves Bigfoot exists.

Then again, if they do find one alive, would it be in the best interest of such a creature if we discovered they do exist and made that fact public?

We all know how well being discovered has worked for many of the previously undiscovered tribes of people in the South American rain forests. They were far removed from us yet lived a life that was their own until we took that from them. And if left alone would have continued on regardless.

If Bigfoot exists, it might be better to let the legend continue instead of having to prove a fact that might be the cause of their demise.

Just a thought for what it's worth.

_________________
The Wilderness needs strong voices to protect it. And yours can be one of them.
Visit the Friends of Temagami website to learn more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 5:44 am 
Offline

Joined: November 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
Posts: 36
Tripper wrote:
It would be amazing if some real evidence was found that proves Bigfoot exists.

Then again, if they do find one alive, would it be in the best interest of such a creature if we discovered they do exist and made that fact public?

We all know how well being discovered has worked for many of the previously undiscovered tribes of people in the South American rain forests. They were far removed from us yet lived a life that was their own until we took that from them. And if left alone would have continued on regardless.

If Bigfoot exists, it might be better to let the legend continue instead of having to prove a fact that might be the cause of their demise.

Just a thought for what it's worth.


I completely understand. I've thought plenty about this and most wouldn't believe it if a true photo looked them in the face.
For the most part I'm out to prove it to family and friends.
Taking it to that next level is something to contemplate and I'll make that decision when it's needed, if ever.

For a species that reaches large proportions and is able to evade us to this day even with thousands of sightings and experiences, I can't see us being able to capture them. They're too smart.

People have been trying for decades to capture one and we're no closer than we were before.
For now I intend to pursue and hopefully gather evidence.
It's an incredible adventure that can be experienced by anyone willing to put forth the effort.

_________________
 


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 6:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2001, 7:00 pm
Posts: 7514
Location: Scarbados, Ontario Canada
It doesn't matter what the outcome of your search will be, Mike. I think you'll discover many things that you wouldn't otherwise and you'll get to meet interesting folks. It doesn't get much better than that in life!

So, best of luck to you!

_________________
“What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?” - Thoreau


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 3rd, 2004, 10:51 am
Posts: 281
Location: Aurora (Borealis)
Mike,

If such an animal turned up in Borneo or even B.C. I'd be surprised but not particularly shocked. That's because I know a lot less about those areas than I do about Northern Ontario. So I don't have a detailed enough frame of reference to judge the possibilities.

But I have trouble imagining how this sort of large species could exist in breeding numbers, find enough food to survive our northern winter, and still avoid detection by humans. I would be more apt (but not very) to believe a paranormal explanation for sightings of Sasquatch anywhere in Ontario.

I find it strange that there is no mention (at least that I'm aware of) of such a creature in the intricate cultural traditions of Ontario First Nations people. True, there are bloodthirsty giants and mischievous dwarfs, but those descriptions don't really seem to fit the human avoiding and harmless hairy apes that Sasquatch are alleged to be.

Thumpings and vocalizations heard in the bush aren't all that uncommon. I'll bet most of the members of this forum have heard odd sounds in the woods that they couldn't account for at first. Especially if they were predisposed to think they were something specific (like a marauding predatory Black Bear, for instance :-) ).

None of this means I think your quest is bound to fail -- even if highly improbable almost anything is possible and I'd be as thrilled as anyone to learn about a previously unknown species of any kind in Ontario.

-JF-


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 27th, 2002, 7:00 pm
Posts: 2560
Location: Geraldton, Ontario Can
Greetings Johnfrum!

The native name for sasquatch when I lived in Fort Hope was Manasoocan. Fort Hope was a few huundred k's north of T Bay, a fly in reserve. The Manasoocan was spotted regularly, although he was frequently detected first by the horrible odour. The reserve was in an uproar one night as two police chased one of them down several side streets. There have been sitings in Webeque and around the other reserves in Northern Ontario too. I never saw him, but met lots of people who claimed they had.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: November 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
Posts: 36
Erhard wrote:
It doesn't matter what the outcome of your search will be, Mike. I think you'll discover many things that you wouldn't otherwise and you'll get to meet interesting folks. It doesn't get much better than that in life!

So, best of luck to you!


Thanks I appreciate that.
It's not about the end result, it's about enjoying the ride getting there.

_________________
 


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: November 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
Posts: 36
johnfrum wrote:
Mike,

If such an animal turned up in Borneo or even B.C. I'd be surprised but not particularly shocked. That's because I know a lot less about those areas than I do about Northern Ontario. So I don't have a detailed enough frame of reference to judge the possibilities.

But I have trouble imagining how this sort of large species could exist in breeding numbers, find enough food to survive our northern winter, and still avoid detection by humans. I would be more apt (but not very) to believe a paranormal explanation for sightings of Sasquatch anywhere in Ontario.

I find it strange that there is no mention (at least that I'm aware of) of such a creature in the intricate cultural traditions of Ontario First Nations people. True, there are bloodthirsty giants and mischievous dwarfs, but those descriptions don't really seem to fit the human avoiding and harmless hairy apes that Sasquatch are alleged to be.

Thumpings and vocalizations heard in the bush aren't all that uncommon. I'll bet most of the members of this forum have heard odd sounds in the woods that they couldn't account for at first. Especially if they were predisposed to think they were something specific (like a marauding predatory Black Bear, for instance :-) ).

None of this means I think your quest is bound to fail -- even if highly improbable almost anything is possible and I'd be as thrilled as anyone to learn about a previously unknown species of any kind in Ontario.

-JF-


B.C. holds the most sightings in Canada.
Ontario has it's fair share of documented sightings and you'd be surprised at their proximity.

There's many large species in Ontario that survive the winters.
Moose, Deer, Lynx, Cougar etc.

As far as avoiding detection, sightings occur almost worldwide on a continuing basis and there's far too many to all be misidentified.
They are highly intelligent and their ability at avoiding detection seems unprecedented.

As far as First Nations culture, here's a link that shows some tribal names for the Sasquatch.
http://www.ontariosasquatch.com/#/canadian-names-pg-1/4522683510

The thumps and vocalizations I've experienced are 100% primate.
I've been photographing wildlife long enough to know that yes there are definitely some strange calls out there.
This though is far beyond anything conventional.
The fact is we were in an area of previous activity that had been investigated in the past by the BFRO.
I was privy to confidential info about the area.
We got lucky. Right time, right place.
There were two witnesses present to the vocal encounter.
When you hear close whoops from a Sasquatch, there's no question that it wasn't a Bear, Moose or other large mammal.
One has to hear it to understand.
I'm not a betting man unless it's a sure thing and as far as this goes, I would bet the farm.

_________________
 


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 5th, 2011, 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 6:01 pm
Posts: 458
Location: North Bay, Ontario
I just have one question for Mike67: hypothetically, is there any evidence or set of circumstances that could make you reject the hypothesis that the "sasquatch" exists?

Kinguq


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 5th, 2011, 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 30th, 2003, 11:36 pm
Posts: 1807
Location: Kitchener Ontario
kinguq wrote:
I just have one question for Mike67: hypothetically, is there any evidence or set of circumstances that could make you reject the hypothesis that the "sasquatch" exists?

Kinguq


I'm willing to bet not.... :wink:

I have no problem with the slim chance that such an animal/primate exists in BC...or in Northern Ontario. But there are some people on You tube that promote the idea that it is in S Ont... That is a HUGE stretch.

_________________
Dave

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 6th, 2011, 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: November 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
Posts: 36
kinguq wrote:
I just have one question for Mike67: hypothetically, is there any evidence or set of circumstances that could make you reject the hypothesis that the "sasquatch" exists?

Kinguq


If this was a one time experience and we weren't looking for them when it happened, I wouldn't be so adamant about it.


The fact is there's been ongoing incidents in two areas of activity.
I'm 100% on the vocalizations I've experienced. It really was a life changing moment.
It was close and the clarity was as good as it gets.

Most people really don't know enough about the subject to make a clear decision on what the truth really is.
The media and hoaxers make it difficult to get a true picture of what's really happening.
There's tens of thousands who've had sightings over the years.
They're just that smart at avoiding detection.
I've now had several opportunities to get close and get a photo.
I'm no closer than when I started because they're that good.

I think that answers your question :D

_________________
 


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 6th, 2011, 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: November 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
Posts: 36
Watersong wrote:
kinguq wrote:
I just have one question for Mike67: hypothetically, is there any evidence or set of circumstances that could make you reject the hypothesis that the "sasquatch" exists?

Kinguq


I'm willing to bet not.... :wink:

I have no problem with the slim chance that such an animal/primate exists in BC...or in Northern Ontario. But there are some people on You tube that promote the idea that it is in S Ont... That is a HUGE stretch.



Actually it's not a huge stretch at all.
As I've stated a couple times already, you'd be surprised about the proximity of sightings over the years.
Those who are in the know on the subject are well aware of the existence of these creatures and where they frequent.
There's more than enough forest in southern ontario for them to move around without detection.

There's a plethora of reports online that have been investigated by the BFRO and posted for all to read if anyone is interested in learning and understanding more about the species.

_________________
 


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 6th, 2011, 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: February 10th, 2008, 4:41 pm
Posts: 327
Just for fun go online and listen to the calls of the Northern Hawk Owl and the Eastern Screech Owl. They both make a variety of interesting vocalizations that may or may not be similar to what you have heard from the shy primate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 6th, 2011, 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 30th, 2003, 11:36 pm
Posts: 1807
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Mike...You're not that "Timbergiantbigfoot" guy, are you?

_________________
Dave

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 6th, 2011, 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: September 28th, 2008, 8:46 pm
Posts: 63
common get serious.they find skeleton of animal who live thousand of years ago and they would not find nothing from an animal that big still living complete non sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 6:36 am 
Offline

Joined: November 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
Posts: 36
Stencil wrote:
Just for fun go online and listen to the calls of the Northern Hawk Owl and the Eastern Screech Owl. They both make a variety of interesting vocalizations that may or may not be similar to what you have heard from the shy primate.


I'm well aware of the other wildlife sounds out there.
I'm also very well aware of what I experienced and know that it was all primate. Like I said before, this wasn't a one time experience.
There's been several since.
Owls can make monkey sounds. I've heard a barred owl do this close by.
No comparison.
I'm only so adamant because I'm 100% on what I've heard.
It's completely understandable to think that it was something else considering we're dealing with a "myth".

_________________
 


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group