It is currently December 14th, 2019, 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2013, 3:21 pm 

They do not exist except as a mythical creature. Why not? Anything that lives is subject to certain imperatives. It has to eat. It has to void what it eats. It has to procreate. And it has to die. Even though human beings have been inhabiting NA for several thousand years and recording flora and fauna rigorously for the last two-hundred years or more no one has described in detail the characteristics and habits of this creature. Not one specimen has been found, captured or killed. Not one individual has been drowned and washed up in a river or hit by a train or shot by a hunter or died of starvation or disease and then been found. The proponents of said creature will say they bury or dispose of their dead. OK. There is another biological imperative. To survive as a species there is a threshold of numbers below which the species cannot fall or it becomes extinct. For a large ape or ape-like creature this number is most certainly above a few dozen. In fact it is much higher. If the numbers existing are high enough to sustain the population then individuals would be seen and they would meet with accidents, mortality etc. and would be known to us.
I live in BC which has more than its' share of "sightings" of this creature and I have talked to people who have "seen" it. The human mind is notoriously inventive and imagination is a powerful and wonderful creative force. There is the myth and there is the reality. I have nothing against myth but reality and reason win.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2013, 5:20 pm 

I would agree with most of what you have said, and that is the same logic I have used to discredit this theory for years.

However, this still doesn't explain the incredibly high number of "sightings", and tracks found...

That's my sticking point on the subject. Are all these people mistaken? Are they all liars?

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2013, 7:20 pm 

Not all liars. Some are deluded. Some have an interest that is monetary or fame-based. Tracks. Follow the tracks you find the creature, or more evidence. Unless of course the tracks arn't tracks. What about the fossil record? We have evidence of giant beavers, dire wolves, ground sloths. mammoths etc. None of these creatures exist now but we have definitive proof that they once did. Where is the antecedent for this creature. It either evolved here on earth or is a visitor from another world. In BC biologists use barb-wire on trees and around baits to collect hair from grizzly bears. They can use the hair to determine age, sex, etc. and make informed decisions about bear populations. Why don't biologists use this technique on bigfoot? Because no responsible biologist would waste their time studying a creature that only exists in myth.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2013, 1:50 pm 

I think Stencil does a great job of pointing out the science and like Neil degrasse Tyson says, "the great thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not"

PostPosted: March 5th, 2013, 9:11 pm 

Well this is serious... 8)

http://sketchingbrad.com/reigning-hide- ... -champion/

Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

PostPosted: March 6th, 2013, 8:00 am 

Mike McIntosh wrote:
I would agree with most of what you have said, and that is the same logic I have used to discredit this theory for years.

However, this still doesn't explain the incredibly high number of "sightings", and tracks found...

That's my sticking point on the subject. Are all these people mistaken? Are they all liars?

There were a good number of witnesses at the witch trials too...

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 5:25 am 

A recent discovery in the CArtoon section sheds some more light into this creature's habit. (The discoverer is Dan Piraro)

PostPosted: April 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm 

A security camera at the Moosonee International Airport captured this rare sighting:

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 8:37 am 

But I am sure this is just a massive conspiracy by scientists to hide the existence of Bigfoot...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/bigfo ... -1.2693742

Kinguq

PostPosted: July 19th, 2014, 10:08 pm 

I hear alot of things about magical creatures. People tell me about things they've seen.....Ive never heard anything that makes sense from a credible source. Most of the people telling me this stuff dont know their a$$ from their elbow.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2015, 5:24 pm 

The podcast "Mysterious Universe" recently did a one-hour special devoted to Big Foot and Sasquatch.

This might be good listening on a drive to some interior-camping put-in if you download it, or you can just listen in your browser.

Some topics discussed:

- The number of Sasquatch who died when Mt. Saint Helens erupted.
- The Arcturian (alien) - Sasquatch psychic link.
- Sasquatch involvement in providing Arcturians with intelligence during the Bay of Pigs crisis.
- Sasquatch "Energy Mode" and Sasquatch banana-eating involvement in high-level G7-type talks and related negotiations...

... among other important Big Foot topics.

Here's the link:

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/06/bigfoot-special-mu-podcast/

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 4:26 pm 

closing in on 50 thousand reports now on the BFRO database. So many out of Ontario we can't keep up. Most are garbage (Finding Bigfoot wannabes) but many are very credible.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2015, 1:58 pm 

This thread must be the Canadian Canoe Routes Forum prize winner.

19,000 views and counting! That is amazing.

I took a look at the busiest single sub-forum - Ontario - and the top threads there don't even come close.

Now that everybody has a cell phone camera in their pocket the Sasquatch images should be flooding in from all over.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2015, 7:36 pm 

I realize this is an old thread but I feel compelled to provide some input. You obviously don't have to believe me, but I've seen one. And in my opinion you'll never convince the masses that believe that its all a hoax. Many people even think the "believers" are certifiable wackadoos. I assure you, I am quite sane. And I've seen one, it wasn't up close but was clear as day. But what does it matter? They're acceptance by everyone is irrelevant in the grand scheme of it. But wow, what an amazing eye opener it is to have seen one. I live in Winnipeg and my encounter happened in Northern Manitoba. But I've now witnessed sasquatch activities even closer to the city. As soon as opportunity presents itself, I may just wander off into the Ontario wilderness to see what else I can find.

Happy paddling!

PostPosted: July 28th, 2016, 8:26 am 

Could not resist.... 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYDbzX5qOI

Besides gotta see if True north is still keeping track of the count.... :wink:

Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next