It is currently May 23rd, 2019, 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: September 30th, 2013, 4:28 pm 

Our own Myccr'r "GHOSLO"
Sue and JIm Waddington's book is now available at local book stores.
from Goose lane Editions
The book is $55 + 5% , all proceeds to Art Gallery of Sudbury.

They will be signing books in Sudbury, Dundas, Richmond Hill and Caledon in the next few weeks. You can pm hem or go to their facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/FootstepsGroup7

You can now purchase Jim & Sue Waddington's book In the Footsteps of the Group of Seven at www.artsudbury.org . The book can be picked up at the Gallery or mailed to your home. 100% of the proceeds from the book, bought on www.artsudbury.org , go to the Art Gallery of Sudbury.
Don't forget that Jim & Sue will be at the Art Gallery of Sudbury on Tuesday, October 8, 5:00 p.m., to give their Group of Seven presentation and to sign books.

Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

PostPosted: October 1st, 2013, 7:06 am 

From what I have seen, it looks like a fantastic book. Congratulations Jim and Sue!

Dave

"The way of a canoe is the way of the wilderness, and of a freedom almost forgotten." Sigurd Olson, 1956

PostPosted: October 15th, 2013, 8:13 pm 

Here's the link to the CBC Radio interview 99.1

http://www.cbc.ca/morningnorth/past-epi ... -of-seven/

Jeff

Choosing to save a river is more often an act of passion than of careful calculation. You make the choice because the river has touched your life in an intimate and irreversible way, because you are unwilling to accept its loss. — (David Bolling, Ho

PostPosted: October 15th, 2013, 10:05 pm 

Thanks Jeff but that is the link to the interview done by the Morning North people out of Sudbury 99.9. There have also been interviews done by CBC Here and Now in Toronto 99.1, CBC North in Iqaluit, and CBC North in Yellowknife. :clap:
Why so many? We have been talking about paintings done throughout Canada and the various stations have picked up on that.
So far the other interviews are not online. :(

PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 6:48 am 

It was really cool to hear the radio commercials in Sudbury on my way up north announcing your book signing. :thumbup:
Jeff

PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 7:20 am 

It was fun seeing what goes on in a radio studio. Poeople moving around, in and out. Seemed like chaos but everyone calm. I would still rather be canoeing.
Here is the link to the Sudbury interview.
http://www.cbc.ca/video/news/audioplaye ... 2411131948

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 8:52 pm 

The Hamilton area book launch is tonight (Friday) at the Carnegie Gallery in Dundas- 7 pm
Reserve a place by calling Bryan Prince Booksellers (905) 528-4508.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2013, 9:10 pm 

Great book signing on Friday!
I would really like to than Sue and Jim for making me part of there story.
(my pic of J.E.H. MacDonald's "Little Falls" site is in the book.
I feel very honoured to involved!
Thank you very much.
:clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Jeff
PS And It is all part of the great community that we have here on myccr!

PostPosted: October 21st, 2013, 8:21 am 

What a fantastic book! I spent a good chunk of Sunday reading the text and being amazed at the keen eye of the Waddingtons as they provide example after example of picture next to painting or drawing. It also had me looking at maps to figure out where various spots were. Their thirty-five year- long obsession has provided the canoe tripping community another dimension to the possible canoe trips that all of us love contemplating. Thanks, Sue and Jim for a magical book.

https://albinger.me

PostPosted: October 21st, 2013, 10:37 pm 

Thank you true_north.
Sue and I have had a great time finding these special places.
I particularly liked your phrase about "possible canoe trips that all of us love contemplating." So much of this hobby of our has been about contemplating possible canoe trips.
Of course, we also have enjoyed following your explorations of painting sites of a different kind.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2013, 11:05 am 

What a relief! The truth is out.
Listen here to This is That
http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/popupaudio ... 2414479106
For years we have been mere pawns of this dastardly conspiracy. We confess. We have told all in our newly released book “In the Footsteps of the Group of Seven.”

PostPosted: October 26th, 2013, 11:57 am 

You are trying to bamboozle us: no way are you mere pawns. You two just may be the brains behind this secret society. Why else would you go across the country and address your acolytes - at this nasty time of the year?