It is currently December 6th, 2019, 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Temagami Winter Trip
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 5:42 pm 

Recently returned from a 8 day trip through the Chiniguchi/Donald Lake Loop north east of Sudbury during the week of 18-25 Feb. Although it started out warm the ice and snow on the lakes remainded fine until Thursday. We were just starting to cross Lower Matagamasi Lake when we were hit by a short but wicked thunderstorm and torrential rain. That turned the lakes to ankle deep slush and that's what we had for the rest of the trip. Couldn't wear your snowshoes because with every step you picked up a couple of pounds of slush.
The trip was with "Lure of the North" and if you are interested in this type of trip, I can't recommend them enough. I can't say enough about the efforts of Dave and Kie in making this trip happen in the most difficult of conditions. From Kie's camp management to Dave boundless energy the weather was the only thing to complain about that week.
As a side note, film makers Goh Iromoto and Courtney Boyd were on this trip and will be releasing a documentry about this trip sometime this summer or fall. You might have recently seen Goh's film "The Canoe".
I've included a link to my trip photos.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/37235435@N02/32083A

Post subject: Re: Temagami Winter Trip
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 7:25 pm 

Hey ,good to see you are still getting out there . We had the same conditions for deep freeze 2017 although things froze up quite nice on Friday . Sure enjoyed the photo's . Thanks for sharing . scouter Joe